soda package

daycaregenie

We are leaving on the Gem July 5th and have the soda package. Are there soda machines like on other ships or do you need to go to one of the bar areas? Also, we plan on bringing our own cups as the bar cups are so small. Will they let us use these? thanks

6 minutes ago, daycaregenie said:

We are leaving on the Gem July 5th and have the soda package. Are there soda machines like on other ships or do you need to go to one of the bar areas? Also, we plan on bringing our own cups as the bar cups are so small. Will they let us use these? thanks

I’d ask on an NCL thread - sounds you are familiar with Royal Caribbean’s machines.

4 minutes ago, LulaMae said:

The bar will not pour drinks into your own container, including water bottles.

Since when? They do it for me all the time, and I have been on 8 NCL cruises.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, daycaregenie said:

There are no soda machines on any NCL ships. 

In the interests of health the NCL bartender may not fix or pour drinks directly into your personal container/vessel.

Just like filling your water bottle at the Buffet - avoid cross contamination.

That noted he can make the drink in NCLs own cup/glass etc. and then either you or the bartender pour that into

your container (damn the ice cubes won't fit - use a bigger mouth container).

So bring your own LARGE cup with LARGE mouth.

After you board your ship at the pier - that is the last you will see of the vendor vending machines with cans or bottles

be it Pepsi or Coke (note there are NO Coke products on NCL ships).

When you mosey up to the bar for that soft drink most of the ships have the drinks dispensed from a gun like device

with the flavoring syrups mixing with the carbonation at that point of service. Some drinks are still available by can

Tonic Ginger Ale etc. But the Pepsi Mountain Dew Sierra Mist and diet forms are gun dispensed.

Note exception - that mini-fridge in your cabin will have canned Pepsi products (check the shelf life for quality of content) 

This should give you some input as to how fill your container - cup all depending on the beverage package you have.  

• 3 weeks later...

Bubba Cup- $6 at Walmart. Never used one before but had that thing attached to my hand like Velcro. It will keep your drink cold. Just ask for two soda cups each time. The bartenders will fill you up. ProTip: club soda is the same as sparkling water and club soda is included in the soda package, where Perrier and San Pellegrino are $5 each.

On 6/12/2019 at 4:22 PM, zqvol said:

Since when? They do it for me all the time, and I have been on 8 NCL cruises.

They would not fill my personal cup either on the Dawn a few weeks ago. but the bartender took it and then filled an NCL glass which he used to fill my personal cup. He very politely said  said sorry this was how he had to do it. Great service!

8 hours ago, NancyW12 said:

Bubba Cup- $6 at Walmart. Never used one before but had that thing attached to my hand like Velcro. It will keep your drink cold. Just ask for two soda cups each time. The bartenders will fill you up. ProTip: club soda is the same as sparkling water and club soda is included in the soda package, where Perrier and San Pellegrino are $5 each.

Club soda does not have minerals. Perrier and San Pellegrino are different than carbonated water.