Zencruising On The Breakaway 4-28-19!!!

zencruisers

We Ubered from the hotel to the port for $17.72 plus tip. I snapped a few pics along the way. We passed So Cal Taco on the way. The anticipation is always highest when you are waiting for a glimpse of the ship. We weren't disappointed. There were at least 5 ships in port that day. We dropped our bags off with the porters gave them a nice tip and we were off to check in.

IMG_1331.JPG

IMG_1332.JPG

IMG_1335.JPG

• Like 1

We arrived at the port at around 10:30 and went right through security then filled out health questionnaire. There was no line to check in. We had our ship cards in hand within a few minutes and we were on our way upstairs. We were in boarding group 5. 

IMG_1336.JPG

IMG_1338.JPG

• Like 1

While a large majority of people head directly to the buffet we usually hit O'Sheehan's first.This trip would be no different. Mrs Zen would start with a White Russian while I would start with my first of many Painkillers.

IMG_1348.JPG

IMG_1354.JPG

IMG_1349.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, C cruise said:

you two are so cute... I am excited to continue reading this report! Which was the painkiller and which was the white russian - I am guessing the painkiller had the pineapple in it??

You are correct the painkiller is the one with the Pineapple. My go to drink!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, zencruisers said:

While a large majority of people head directly to the buffet we usually hit O'Sheehan's first.This trip would be no different. Mrs Zen would start with a White Russian while I would start with my first of many Painkillers.

IMG_1348.JPG

IMG_1354.JPG

IMG_1349.JPG

"The dude abides..."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CozGurl said:

May I ask what excursion you did in Roatan, or why it is your favorite? 

We did zip the South Shore Zipline Adventure which we booked through the ship. It was a lot of fun with great views. Our favorite excursion on the trip was Maya Chan in Costa Maya. It the most relaxing day. We will be going back to Maya Chan next April when we sail on The Getaway out of New Orleans.

With no drinks in our hand we decided to we needed to go check our Spice H20 and get a drink or two. It was nice and quiet there with  not too many people. I got another Painkiller and Mrs Zen got a Miami Vice. We hung out for a while and soaked up the sunshine and laid back atmosphere. Soon it was time for another round. Another Painkiller and Miami Vice please! 

IMG_1368.JPG

IMG_1371.JPG

IMG_1373.JPG

IMG_1374.JPG

Edited by zencruisers
Spelling

6 minutes ago, zencruisers said:

With no drinks in our hand we decided to we needed to go check our Spice H20 and get a drink or two. It was nice and quiet there with  not too many people. I got another Painkiller and Mrs Zen got a Miami Vice. We hung out for a while and soaked up the sunshine and laid back atmosphere. Soon it was time for another round. Another Painkiller and Miami Vice please! 

IMG_1368.JPG

IMG_1371.JPG

IMG_1373.JPG

IMG_1374.JPG

Where did you get the non-paper straws?

We bid on an upgrade from to a Thermal Spa balcony which we got. We were upgraded from a mid ship balcony.Our bid was considered poor so we were surprise when we got it. Our rooms wouldn't be ready until 2pm so we decided to tour the spa.

IMG_1376.JPG

IMG_1377.JPG

IMG_1378.JPG

• Like 1

Great review so far. We are also staying at the Hampton Inn in a few days. Glad to hear you liked it.

Based on the Zen and Sid recommendation I have ordered Flyby. The older I get the harder it is to keep up with the drink package!

Breakaway on Sunday!! 🍸🌴

• Like 2