Classic Caribbean/Yachtsman's Caribbean

avalong

We are considering back-to-back Classic Caribbean and Yachtsman's Caribbean cruises. Does anyone have an opinion on the advantage/disadvantage of doing them in any particular order? It occurs to me that it might be nicer to do the smaller ports at the end of cruise. Any helpful thoughts out there? Thanks in advance.

We did Yachtsmans Caribbean a few years ago. We thought both sounded wonderful but the date worked better for us on Yachtsmans Caribbean. We flew in early to St Martin and spent a week on the beach in Grand Case. My favorite port was St Barth’s but they were all wonderful. I don’t think it really makes a difference in the order. Just go with what dates work best for you and enjoy!

My favorite is the Yachtsman but I also like the Classic Caribbean.

I love Yachtsman because of the BVIs, Jost/ White Beach is one of my favorite places. I am a water person so the swimming is fabulous. Truly the order does not matter. No one does the Caribbean like WS. We are on the 14 day 1/18, Barbados to Aruba. Lots of terrific islands. We come from Boston so flying to the Caribbean anywhere is inconvenient so as Ski Mom 2 we go down early, to relax before we really relax. Plus we have snow to deal with, very grim. Enjoy them both despite being in the Caribbean  not everything is the same: the islands have lots of diversity and interesting things to do from walking with the cows and goats to the beach on Ils des Saintes, the lush drinks, delicious fritters at Gertrudes and the beach on Jost, and the spice  market on Granda. Have a great time and Happy Sailing. 

We love the Yachtsman as we also love the BVIs and Antigua. We fly all the way from San Diego and typically either start or end our Windsurf sailing with a week staying on Jost. Its an easy hop to/from SXM to Tortola.

Next year we are going to do the Classic as we need a St Lucia do-over as well as some of the other stops that will be new for us.

As others said, not sure you can go wrong either way.

We have done the Yachtsman's twice and did Classic last winter and really enjoyed it (Roseau was a lot nicer than we expected).  There is also an Interesting change in the Classic Caribbean: the first stop is no longer Barbuda which has been replaced by Charlestown in Nevis.  Having done the Classic cruise last year, I believe, Nevis is a better port than Barbuda as there isn't much to do in Barbuda other than go to the beach or watch Frigate Birds and the stop was short with the ship leaving at 3pm (I must say though that the Barbuda beaches are some of the nicest and most deserted beaches in the Caribbean).  Don't think the order matters although I would likely save the Yachtsman's for the latter part as we, like Strenz, love the BVI's.