Luggage Tags

Hi: just went to print my luggage tags. Do you have to attach them the way they say? On our previous cruises with carnival we bought plastic sleeves/cover things to protect them and zip tied to suitcase handle. I can’t see fastening a piece of paper to a suitcase handle and expecting it to stay there and stay dry. 

19 minutes ago, ifihadamilliondollars said:

Hi: just went to print my luggage tags. Do you have to attach them the way they say? On our previous cruises with carnival we bought plastic sleeves/cover things to protect them and zip tied to suitcase handle. I can’t see fastening a piece of paper to a suitcase handle and expecting it to stay there and stay dry. 

You can do whatever you want.

E-bay is a great place to find the plastic sleeves for your luggage tags. You make sure you get the ones that fit Princess tags. Some other cruise line tags aren't the same. When we bought ours E-bay was the cheapest.

Before plastic sleeves became popular, we used to improvise by reinforcing our paper luggage tags with see-thru packing tape...so the paper luggage tag looked laminated. We either stapled or ziptied the tag securely to the luggage handle. Worked well for us!

26 minutes ago, tonamie said:

Before plastic sleeves became popular, we used to improvise by reinforcing our paper luggage tags with see-thru packing tape...so the paper luggage tag looked laminated. We either stapled or ziptied the tag securely to the luggage handle. Worked well for us!

yep ... we/she still does this ... also put one on carryons ... just in case

Edited by voljeep