Wine Glasses in Cabin

PAMJP

2 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Cut out the middle man (person), drink straight from the bottle. 

I love it you always have some of the best Solutions. I can’t stop laughing. 😁😁

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

It seems to depend on the ship.

When we meet room steward we ask that we always have 4 wine glasses. Some will say yes and others ask us to get from room service as we need them.

Since I would rather not wait around for room service every few mornings on my morning walk liberate some from one of the bars. 

2 hours ago, Micah's Grandad said:

Since I would rather not wait around for room service every few mornings on my morning walk liberate some from one of the bars. 

It's the quickest, fastest way to get glasses. :classic_biggrin:

On 6/16/2019 at 8:09 AM, MixerDave said:

Recently I was on a 5 day cruise on another line - gave my steward $10 and asked for wine glasses.  He supplied them and replaced them as needed.  Perhaps the $10 I gave him on the second day and the $10 I gave him on the 4th day helped.  Kept my ice bucket full as I requested.

You should not have to tip your cabin steward in advance to do his job.  I never do and I always get wine glasses when requested.

I am American and I realize that restaurant servers depend upon tips for their wages and I do tip servers but it seems as if everyone in the US has their hands out expecting a tip any time they provide me a sort of service.  I love it when someone in a bathroom who hands me a paper towel because he has hidden them or a counter person at a walkup fast food place has a tip jar.

DON

17 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Cut out the middle man (person), drink straight from the bottle. 

Of course, then, I have to ask for some straws.

JUST KIDDING. 

OP, we always request wine glasses when we meet our steward on embarkation day.  Often, they see my wine tote in one of the corners of the cabin, and that reinforces my request.  Only once have there not been wine glasses when we returned from the safety drill.  Since we like to sip wine on our balcony as we are leaving port, I just ran down to Vines for a couple glasses.

Our stewards have also been consistently good about replacing the glasses every day with clean ones.

49 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

You should not have to tip your cabin steward in advance to do his job.  I never do and I always get wine glasses when requested.

I am American and I realize that restaurant servers depend upon tips for their wages and I do tip servers but it seems as if everyone in the US has their hands out expecting a tip any time they provide me a sort of service.  I love it when someone in a bathroom who hands me a paper towel because he has hidden them or a counter person at a walkup fast food place has a tip jar.

DON

It's not a tip,  it's a bribe,  or is it ?  My wife  and  I,  may ask the room attendant for something that we would like.  In exchange for the extra service we might feel the need to depart with some cash that has laden our pockets. If in the off chance the transfer of monetary note (s) happens prior to the service being provided, then it might be construed as a bribe or premature tipping as I call it.  Either way,  some think that it sets the tone for future service.  

• Like 1