Wine Glasses in Cabin

PAMJP

Are wine glasses available for your use in all grade of Cabins or is it on request.  We are sailing on Sapphire from Southampton a couple of months time. Thank you for any replies.

We don't mind drinking wine from the glass tumblers that are in all our cabins. We've had good cabin stewards who have noticed our bottles of wine and brought us wine glasses without our having to ask.

Don't count on any of the above to be true.  We were on a b2b on the last Caribbean cruise before the Royal Princess repositioned to the west coast. Our mini bar wine swap was delivered without glasses.  The only way we could get wine glasses was to call room service.  Bar also told us to call room service.  Our steward would remove the glasses and never returned them. It didn't make a difference if they were clean or dirty. I had to resort to hiding our glasses in a drawer.  We had a few issues with our room steward.  I always knew if it was he or someone else that serviced our cabin. 

My March Caribbean Princess cruise was a different story.  Our minibar wine swipe was delivered in an ice bucket with wine glasses that were replaced daily. 

43 minutes ago, tere247 said:

Don't count on any of the above to be true.  We were on a b2b on the last Caribbean cruise before the Royal Princess repositioned to the west coast. Our mini bar wine swap was delivered without glasses.  The only way we could get wine glasses was to call room service.  Bar also told us to call room service.  Our steward would remove the glasses and never returned them. It didn't make a difference if they were clean or dirty. I had to resort to hiding our glasses in a drawer.  We had a few issues with our room steward.  I always knew if it was he or someone else that serviced our cabin. 

My March Caribbean Princess cruise was a different story.  Our minibar wine swipe was delivered in an ice bucket with wine glasses that were replaced daily. 

First World Problems.........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, tere247 said:

Pretty much what we've experienced from time to time. 

I'll get my own thank you.....especially the large water glasses from the DR which hold much more. 

It has almost become cruising entertainment to see what happens with our wine glasses.

😂

I usually stop at a bar and pick up 2 glasses shortly after we get on. Never a problem.

On our last cruise, we traveled with a couple who did that and were told that they had to get them from room service. Huh? (That was the Sun.) We had done our usual thing and picked them up at a bar.

Sometimes they disappear ( and I also have resorted to hiding them to keep them LOL).

Other times the steward takes the dirty ones and replaces them with clean ones....which is the logical thing to have happen.

The funniest one was on our Panama Canal cruise....I kept accumulating wine glasses as I might pick one up on the way back to the cabin....The steward NEVER took them away. I think he must have been scolded for taking them from someone one time or something.....? He finally asked me one day if he could take some of them away. Yes please.

First world problems certainly. Also sometimes cheap entertainment...

😄

5 hours ago, PAMJP said:

Are wine glasses available for your use in all grade of Cabins or is it on request.  We are sailing on Sapphire from Southampton a couple of months time. Thank you for any replies.

Yes.  Ask Stewart to provide you with Riedels in your cabin.  Ones for your whites, and ones for your reds.  Stewart will replace the glasses daily if requested. Just ask, or leave a note.  There is no need to hide your glasses in a drawer.   LOL 😁

Edited by Kingofcool1947
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tere247 said:

Recently I was on a 5 day cruise on another line - gave my steward $10 and asked for wine glasses.  He supplied them and replaced them as needed.  Perhaps the $10 I gave him on the second day and the $10 I gave him on the 4th day helped.  Kept my ice bucket full as I requested.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Yes.  Ask Stewart to provide Riedels in your cabin.  Ones for your whites, and ones for your reds.

yeah ... good luck with that ... maybe in a Suite , mayble

I got chased when I took one out of Vines once ... got my glass and poured it into a sippy cup to go

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

yeah ... good luck with that ... maybe in a Suite , mayble

I got chased when I took one out of Vines once ... got my glass and poured it into a sippy cup to go

Yes, same thing happened to me in Vines.  Funny thing is, we were in a suite and headed to Club Class dining where they re-poured it into Riedel type glass when we arrived.  Boy, was that wine ever aerated by the time we drank it.  LOL 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, tere247 said:

Don't count on any of the above to be true.  We were on a b2b on the last Caribbean cruise before the Royal Princess repositioned to the west coast. Our mini bar wine swap was delivered without glasses.  The only way we could get wine glasses was to call room service.  Bar also told us to call room service.  Our steward would remove the glasses and never returned them.

That funny ... we were on the Royal recently and had the same room stewards from the last two cruises we had been on ... different ships and different room categories to boot.  Anyway, when we saw him and were making our requests on embarkation day, he said, oh... no need, I remember you both and what you like for you room.  Wow!!  

Well, needless to say, he brought us 6 wine glasses and replaced the dirty or missing ones every day without fail!  We sometimes had to go get our wine bottles (ordered through the package) opened at a bar and encountered another staff member that had no problem doing that for us.  He'd see us coming with our unopened bottle and immediately get his opener out, even offered us glasses each and every time.  I guess there is no real policy on this or if there is, it is inconsistently enforced.  

7 hours ago, geoherb said:

We don't mind drinking wine from the glass tumblers that are in all our cabins. We've had good cabin stewards who have noticed our bottles of wine and brought us wine glasses without our having to ask.

That was our experience on our last cruise. We didn't say a word but wine glasses magically appeared and were replaced each day. We had an excellent steward.

Out of 19 cruises we only had one room steward that was any way negative.  When we first met I had a small list of items I wanted in the cabin.  Two Wine glasses was on the list.  He provided a negative answer to each request including telling me to either pick up two glasses at a bar or call room service.

Since it was a Christmas cruise I gifted him a small bag of M&M's that I had found in a shop in town over looking the additional room tip I normally leave with a good steward.  😀

Bob

44 minutes ago, 4x4bob said:

Out of 19 cruises we only had one room steward that was any way negative.  When we first met I had a small list of items I wanted in the cabin.  Two Wine glasses was on the list.  He provided a negative answer to each request including telling me to either pick up two glasses at a bar or call room service.

Since it was a Christmas cruise I gifted him a small bag of M&M's that I had found in a shop in town over looking the additional room tip I normally leave with a good steward.  😀

Bob

You're too nice, I wouldn't have given him anything.

I've never had problems getting wine glasses from my steward.  On my last cruise, he stocked my cabin with 4 since I was the one inviting guests for "cocktails".  He was one super duper steward and kept up with all of my needs.  

Having to request glasses or a cork screw from room service seems to be a particular ship issue. On some ships, Stewards have told us (whatever that’s worth) that we needed to order glasses from room service, if we wanted them quickly. Or they will get them sometime by day two.