Harmony Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge

9 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I just looked at a cruise compass from last month and it says early seating at 5pm which is also what my booking invoice says.

They must have moved it from 5:30 PM.  That change gives the waiters a little more time to turn the tables.  Our invoice still says 8 PM.  

In August of 2017 on OA, they tried to change late seating to 7:30 PM but kept Early Seating at 5:30 PM.  It was hard for the waiters to change the tables between  seatings.  

I wonder if this is a one time thing for a particular cruise, a trial or a permanent change.  When are you sailing?  

6 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

They must have moved it from 5:30 PM.  That change gives the waiters a little more time to turn the tables.  Our invoice still says 8 PM.  

In August of 2017 on OA, they tried to change late seating to 7:30 PM but kept Early Seating at 5:30 PM.  It was hard for the waiters to change the tables between  seatings.  

I wonder if this is a one time thing for a particular cruise, a trial or a permanent change.  When are you sailing?  

August 18. The cruise compass I looked at was for a late May sailing

2 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Interesting.  What did the Cruise Compass say for Late Seating?  

Funny you should ask  I just checked that  It's 7:45pm  Checked both an Eastern and Western route, both say 5pm early and 7:45 late

Just now, molly361 said:

Funny you should ask  I just checked that  It's 7:45pm  Checked both an Eastern and Western route, both say 5pm early and 7:45 late

That doesn't surprise me.  My invoice still says 8 PM but that could change.  We will probably still make 8 PM reservations in CK.  I will ask C&A next time I call but they often don't know.  

They may have made late seating earlier so that folks who really want early seating might take the late seating.  On Mariner, late seating is at 8:30 PM.  

18 minutes ago, molly361 said:

August 18. The cruise compass I looked at was for a late May sailing

We're on the ship two weeks after you.  

Once we get our e-docs (around 45 days out), they will also give the MDR traditional seating times.

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

I just looked at a cruise compass from last month and it says early seating at 5pm which is also what my booking invoice says.

MTD is best for suite life/Pinnacle. You can just walk up to front of line at will. Plus you have CK 3-4 times I'll bet

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

MTD is best for suite life/Pinnacle. You can just walk up to front of line at will. Plus you have CK 3-4 times I'll bet

Not to mention not much time to suck down some free drinks if you have to eat at 5pm😇🍺

On 6/22/2019 at 8:34 AM, Andy C said:

You mean impacting someone's hard earned vacation?

Sure...if that's what you are looking for. 😉  I will happily compare the money I have spent with Royal (booking no less than a JS, with many GS cabins) over the last 15 years with what you have spent on a few cruises in suites.  Then you can tell me if I have spent my "hard earned vacation money" as well.   

• Like 2

On 6/22/2019 at 9:16 AM, Retired LEO said:

I have a comped cruise in September on the Harmony. So what category does that put me in. Not only am I not paying for a suite but I'm not paying for the cruise. I'm also taking my Oasis make up cruise on the Harmony in October. Another freebie. Oh well, see you in SL/CK. 

Way to roar Leo.  😉 

19 hours ago, Dett said:

We have booked our first suite on Harmony.  Does anyone know if Coastal Kitchen is open for lunch on boarding day?

Yes, as already mentioned.  Plus it's nice to be able to drop your carry on bag near the door, as many others do.  Great place to spend while waiting for cabin to open.  Enjoy!  🙂 

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Yes, as already mentioned.  Plus it's nice to be able to drop your carry on bag near the door, as many others do.  Great place to spend while waiting for cabin to open.  Enjoy!  🙂 

Thank you.  We are so excited for the cruise.  We got one of the special prices for the GS.  Only paid about what we do for a balcony.  Guess that they wanted to sell them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dett said:

Thank you.  We are so excited for the cruise.  We got one of the special prices for the GS.  Only paid about what we do for a balcony.  Guess that they wanted to sell them.

Nice deal!!  Congrats!!  🙂 

And we will see you December 8th!  

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Nice deal!!  Congrats!!  🙂 

And we will see you December 8th!  

Looking forward to December cruises as well.  See you then.  We are on Dec 1 & 8.  We will be back in a balcony cabin although we got the larger balcony cabin.  Back to DL as well, no SL like in August.

4 minutes ago, Dett said:

Looking forward to December cruises as well.  See you then.  We are on Dec 1 & 8.  We will be back in a balcony cabin although we got the larger balcony cabin.  Back to DL as well, no SL like in August.

We will be with you on the August one and also December 1st- on that one all suites have been sold out since the beginning of the year

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

We will be with you on the August one and also December 1st- on that one all suites have been sold out since the beginning of the year

Look forward to meeting you,  so I guess no special sail on Suites for December. 😟

• Like 1

20 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

What does that mean “walk up to the front of the line it will? “. 

We’ve  always waited  for our turn  in the MTD line.    Is there a special line, that perhaps I didn’t see? I would never walk up in front of people.  

Edited by cruisegirl1

22 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Will possibly see you in the Suite Lounge next Sunday. We are also on the Allure sailing 12-1-19. Booked our Crown Loft July

2018 while sailing on the Oasis.

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

What does that mean “walk up to the front of the line it will? “. 

We’ve  always waited  for our turn  in the MTD line.    Is there a special line, that perhaps I didn’t see? I would never walk up in front of people.  

4 podiums. Front one on right is no reservations. 

Front on left is reservations. Far one on left is groups with reservations.  Far one on right is Suites/Pinnacle.  Not cutting in front of anyone. That is what they want you to do.