Have you ever bought flowers for the cabin?

I bought my DW flowers for her birthday on the Zaandam. They were beautiful and lasted about ten days before needing to be thinned and then a few more days prior to tossing them out.

I’ve purchased them twice.  The ship florists create the bouquets.  They are very nice.  They lasted about a week to ten days. Keep in mind that some rooms have limited space. You can preorder and may be able to purchase while on board. I’ve done both. 

The flowers are distributed all over the ship in beautiful arrangements by the ships florist who gets them fresh almost once a week from what he told me from The Netherlands and there is a special flower cooler on board where the flowers are stored .

So the flowers you would buy are of the same great quality , I would say go ahead and surprise your wife ! :classic_biggrin:

846396880_CareyFlowers.jpg.b0002f8df4023f544f24a327d3370db4.jpgI have bought flowers on every cruise of our marriage from honeymoon to the last for 22 year. Twelve of those occasion have been on Holland America and I, and more importantly Mrs K, have never been disappointed.  

Edited by Randyk47
  • Like 2

On board the ship, the Front Office staff ( or if you are in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite, the concierge)   have a folder with photos of a selection of floral arrangements to choose from, or you can just order what you wish.

The ship florists create lovely arrangements, which mostly last 7-10 days  depending on the flowers chosen.

Have always  been happy with the floral arrangements we have ordered.

On the website:

My Account

My Bookings

(click the booking number)

Cruise Activities

Gifts and Indulgences

Flowers

I have flowers for our cabin every cruise. It's one of my little luxuries. I enjoy them so. They have always been lovely regardless of what kind or which style. I have tried several different ones. Last time I had a fairly inexpensive arrangement with gorgeous sunflowers and various other pink, purple, and yellow flowers. They were still going strong when we got off the ship 7 days later. I took pics to remember them. I just love how they brighten up the cabin.

Oh and our room stewards kept them filled for me. Every time I went to do it, it was done. No guarantees they all do that but it was such a nice touch.

IMG_20190210_073303980.jpg

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 2

Yes, on two occasions. Ordered just for the room, small bouquets, and each time they were beautifully done and lasted (with a little water attention by us) for our entire 7-10 day sailings. Nice addition to any cabin choice, IMO.

I always buy an arrangement or fresh cut flowers via the HAL website. I have found the bouquets of gerbera daisies or the sunflowers to last the longest. If you embark in Seattle many passengers go to Pike Place market and purchase flowers there for far less money although you will need to bring a container.

• Like 1

DH has quietly ordered flowers for us on many sailings. Not only have they been beautiful, but they just add a little something special to the voyage.

Attached is an example from our April sailing on the Koningsdam. They lasted beautifully - probably with assistance from our wonderful cabin stewards, since my hands bleed rust and kill off even the most hardy plants and flowers, LOL!

Koningsdam.JPG

• Like 1

I have purchased floral gifts for others sailing on HAL ships and they have always been well received and lovely.  I purchased a small decorated Christmas Tree for a Christmas/New Year's Cruise on the Prinsendam.  It was so nice that I took it off the ship with me and is part of my year Christmas decorations.

We've had Neptune Suites for our last 5 HAL cruises and there is a tiny floral arrangement included, but if you want something more substantial order ahead of time. We used to do it all the time on Carnival, but the arrangements have gotten to be very expensive, so we don't anymore. The arrangements were always very nice and lasted throughout the 7 day cruises. For longer cruises, I would skip roses as they just don't last that long.