Where on Harmony do you go to on first day....

...straighten out your dining plans? After reading many posts here about traditional and MTD I am still left confused on the options we will have, especially concerning MTD and intend to head directly to wherever I can confirm/change/clarify our situation. Is it one of the dining rooms? TIA

3 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

...straighten out your dining plans? After reading many posts here about traditional and MTD I am still left confused on the options we will have, especially concerning MTD and intend to head directly to wherever I can confirm/change/clarify our situation. Is it one of the dining rooms? TIA

Yes....go to the dining room and they should take care of any issue you may have!  Loved Harmony....enjoy ur cruise!!

You will select/be assigned either MTD or Traditional dining when you initially book your cruise.  If you have a preference, check with Royal or your TA now depending on how you booked.  On boarding day the cruise compass will indicate where you can check on your dining reservations...it will be in one of the MDR's for a set period of time before muster drill.

12 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

You can go to the dining room or you can go to the podium that was set up outside the Windjammer to take care of dining issues too.  

I can tell you that the buffet is unbelievable with the massive selections and the quality.

Make sure you reserve your seats for the shows as soon as you can.

Loved the Harmony, did not think we would. Now one of our favorite ships.

So much to see and do.

I would like to know where is the best place to make all MDR and Specialty Restaurant reservations? We have the Key and will be at Chops for lunch but I think they will be super busy to do all my reservations. Any other recommendations to where would be the best place once on board to make all our reservations?

12 minutes ago, Swank Pad G said:

I would like to know where is the best place to make all MDR and Specialty Restaurant reservations? We have the Key and will be at Chops for lunch but I think they will be super busy to do all my reservations. Any other recommendations to where would be the best place once on board to make all our reservations?

Make MDR reservations at the MTD podium in front of the MDR.

Pick any specialty restaurant for all specialty restaurant reservations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swank Pad G said:

I might be a bit confused on your question, but you can make all MTD reservations on line before the cruise.  Just go to your daily planner and make your dinner reservations.  Additionally you can also pre-purchase and reserve specialty restaurants on line.   Also show reservations.  

1 minute ago, kcmrlitz said:

Does anyone remember what deck the MTD podium is located?  It will be our first stop when we board to make sure what table we have been assigned.  Thanks for your help!

Kevin

Deck 4 or 5 based on recent compasses I've seen.

3 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

I might be a bit confused on your question, but you can make all MTD reservations on line before the cruise.  Just go to your daily planner and make your dinner reservations.  Additionally you can also pre-purchase and reserve specialty restaurants on line.   Also show reservations.  

I have already done the reservations for MTD online but the earliest I could reserve was 6:30pm. I hope to get on board and change those reservations to 6PM. We also have the BOGO dining pkg and another complimentary specialty restaurant dinner and I would love to be able to make all my reservations in one place if I can.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Maplemoose said:

I got off Harmony last week, like others have suggested I'd recommend the following:

• Make dining reservations - some of them can fill up fast.   On my sailing you could not get a table for Izumi Hibachi
  • Make show reservations if you haven't already
  • Check out central park 🙂

5 hours ago, Swank Pad G said:

You have a lot of options, you call call through your room phone, use the app, use the television, or do it in person as others have suggested.   They really make it easy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Swank Pad G said:

I have already done the reservations for MTD online but the earliest I could reserve was 6:30pm. I hope to get on board and change those reservations to 6PM. We also have the BOGO dining pkg and another complimentary specialty restaurant dinner and I would love to be able to make all my reservations in one place if I can.

Ahh..... that explains it.  

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Like 1

I recommend going to the designated location once you board to make your changes.  I have read multiple places that MTD is not "open" until a time like 6:00 or 6:30, but we were able to change our MTD reservations after we boarded to much earlier than the supposed opening time.  

• Like 1

We typically make all the reservations before taking the cruise so when we first get on the ship we typically head to the buffet for our first cruise lunch.  We try to get on as early as we can so it isn't as busy as later in the day.  If it's not open yet we walk around the ship and just take in the sights.  The most we've cruised is a couple times a year so it always seems new to us even if we go on a ship we've been on before and we never want to lose the feeling of awe when we first walk on.  It never gets old.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:14 PM, Swank Pad G said:

I too have the BOGO and thinking I should just head to Chops when I board.  Didn't realize it's for nights 1 and 2 and would like to make it for 1-3 and hoping they allow it since we have dinner plans with friends on night 2.

39 minutes ago, Dayman9966 said:

I too have the BOGO and thinking I should just head to Chops when I board.  Didn't realize it's for nights 1 and 2 and would like to make it for 1-3 and hoping they allow it since we have dinner plans with friends on night 2.

We have the Key so we will be at Chops for lunch. I'm not sure with the crowd if they will be too busy to make all of my dining reservations. Doesn't hurt to ask i guess.