Brisbane Hotels?

Jonibme

Hey fellow Cruisers!

We will be flying into Brisbane 4 days ahead of our down under cruise adventure and I am looking for suggestions for good, clean, safe, walkable hotel locations. We enjoy nice hotels with nearby good local dining and entertainment options. We are coming in February to specifically get out of our Alaskan winter to a warm location so we want to spend our time enjoying the warm sunny weather and seeing the local sights...

I have been doing some shopping online and I have to confess that I am impressed with the affordability of what we are finding in Brisbane compared to similar hotels in the US! Should we go for "City Center" or the Waterfront? I see some beautiful beachfront accommodations too!

Is Uber or some other transportation "App" available in Brisbane?

Please share your experience and recommendations!

Curious in Alaska

CBD or Southbank is fine. Southbank is also handy as it has a train stop from the airport train. It's nicely set up for tourists with the rainforest walk and loads of dining options. 

Yes uber is plentiful in supply. 

Edited by PerfectlyPerth

Agreed, pricing is much better there than major US city hotels.

You also don't have to worry about "taxes" being added later, "resort fees" or other costs - aside from a ~1-2% surcharge if paying by credit card at some hotels. (If you prepay, or pay by cash, this doesn't apply.)

For beautiful beachfront accommodation, you might consider spending two days at the Sunshine Coast or the Gold Coast.  Brisbane doesn't have beautiful beaches but has waterfront suburbs.  Redcliffe and Scarborough nearby have beaches.

In Brisbane, I'd stay in the CBD, on the river near the Botanical Gardens or Southbank near Queensland Performing Arts Centre and Museums.  

On 6/24/2019 at 8:56 AM, Jonibme said:

I have been doing some shopping online and I have to confess that I am impressed with the affordability of what we are finding in Brisbane compared to similar hotels in the US! Should we go for "City Center" or the Waterfront? I see some beautiful beachfront accommodations too!

It's not what you were asking for, but what about Tangalooma as a left field option? It's basically a smaller version of Fraser Island, but on the other side of Moreton Bay from Brisbane. Beautiful beaches for as far as the eye can see.

https://www.tangalooma.com/

On 6/28/2019 at 1:32 AM, SinbadThePorter said:

It's not what you were asking for, but what about Tangalooma as a left field option? It's basically a smaller version of Fraser Island, but on the other side of Moreton Bay from Brisbane. Beautiful beaches for as far as the eye can see.

https://www.tangalooma.com/

That is one gorgeous looking resort! We have some sights we want to see in the Brisbane area but I may still keep this in mind for post-cruise! Thanks for the new bookmark!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2019 at 2:59 PM, Jonibme said:

That is one gorgeous looking resort! We have some sights we want to see in the Brisbane area but I may still keep this in mind for post-cruise! Thanks for the new bookmark!

From Brisbane, You might like to consider a day trip to North Stradbroke Island, which has beautiful beaches and spectacular scenery.