Royal Caribbean-new jersey -pre-cruise-hotel transfer?

Gabcruiser

6 hours ago, Gabcruiser said:

Does anyone suggest doing the pre cruise hotel and transfer from Anthem departing from Bayonne?  

What are your exact dates?  How many people? What is the total cost?  Do they tell you which hotel would be used?

Cape Liberty is very much a DIY port.  I can’t remember any discussions on this board about booking both a hotel and transfer through Royal Caribbean.  

Post back with details and we can offer alternatives. Typically a hotel and transfer booked through the cruise line is quoted at a per person rate and the final cost is way more expensive than booking it yourself. What 

2 hours ago, 138east said:

Cape Liberty is very much a DIY port.  I can’t remember any discussions on this board about booking both a hotel and transfer through Royal Caribbean.  

Same here. Hard to believe it would be cheaper. 

There are two of us arriving on Sept 6, 2019.  RC price is $132.32 pr person for transfers from the hotel to the pier staying at Renaissance hotel in Newark .  The Doubletree in Newark is $142.15 pr person.   The Hilton Penn Station is $149.46 pr person.

1 hour ago, Gabcruiser said:

There are two of us arriving on Sept 6, 2019.  RC price is $132.32 pr person for transfers from the hotel to the pier staying at Renaissance hotel in Newark .  The Doubletree in Newark is $142.15 pr person.   The Hilton Penn Station is $149.46 pr person.

I will check options and post later today

3 hours ago, Gabcruiser said:

2 hours ago, 138east said:

I will check options and post later today

Do you have any NYC sightseeing objectives on your precruise day?  Do you want to be somewhere where you have a choice of restaurants other than the hotel?  Do you have a hotel chain preference or dislike?  Do you have a hotel budget?  I’m assuming 2 people.

mjaycacmom is right - you can book the hotel yourself and use Uber Lyft to the port.  Rooms are under $200, so you would spend less than the RCL hotel/transfer.

Newark is a highly urban area and is not a vacation destination.  Most hotels have no walkable access to other restaurants and services and some hotels offer free breakfast, but have no restaurant at all.