The Restaurant - Breakfast and Lunch

harbourside

In my experience yes.  But we found if you have an early morning excursion,  service is too slow to get breakfast and off the ship.

On sea days we enjoy a leisurely breakfast in the MDR.  We on occasionally ate lunch in MDR but I usually opted not too because it was too  easy to eat too much!!!

• 3 weeks later...

We loved the breakfasts in MDR. Really quiet so great service. We don't do early starts or queuing in WC so MDR was perfect for us. 

My DH loved the lamb chops. The bacon was not to my UK taste so best avoided. The Greek yoghurt and blueberries was wonderful. 

Breakfast in the MDR is delightful ... far nicer than the World Cafe on a busy morning .... THAT can spoil the best of appetites!  The MDR however is seldom open for lunch ... just finished a 15 day cruise and the restaurant was not once open for lunch ... even on any of our five sea days ... we got a bonus “sea day” after an electrical problem .

On 6/25/2019 at 8:53 AM, Clay Clayton said:

A bit off topic but just an FYI, the breakfast lamb chops are the best lamb on board. So so good!

Ha! Yes, once my husband discovered these, we had as many breakfasts as possible - barring early shore excursions - in the Restaurant, and he had them every time.

• Like 1

Breakfast in the MDR is delightful ... far nicer than the World Cafe on a busy morning .... THAT can spoil the best of appetites!  The MDR however is seldom open for lunch ... just finished a 15 day cruise and the restaurant was not once open for lunch ... even on any of our five sea days ... we got a bonus “sea day” after an electrical problem .

You might also want to try Mamsen's.  We got up late on a sea day and enjoyed a delicious waffle there.  They are open at different hours throughout the day with a limited menu of breakfast items, sandwiches, desserts, and late night snacks.  Another option for lunch is the Pool Grill; nice salad bar, burgers, hot dogs, and sandwiches.  On some nights the area adjacent to the Pool Grill was open with specialty offerings.  Check the daily news!

57 minutes ago, Frenchberet said:

Another option for lunch is the Pool Grill; nice salad bar, burgers, hot dogs, and sandwiches. 

And delicious grilled tuna! Either as a burger or as we preferred placed on top of a salad we made at the World Cafe.