0500 arrival, 1000 flight ex MIA ??

downundermatt

We are arriving into Miami at 0500, and I would like to fly out at 1000 (on a Monday)

We will walk off with bags, and a friend will pick us up and drive us us to the airport.

Is this achievable or am I too ambitious ? Thanks for your advice.

(we live in Australia, and hope to catch up with friends in Dallas, before flying home)

Ship arrival at 5:00 does not mean you can necessarily walk off at 5:00. But the ride from POM to MIA only takes 15-20+ minutes. For a 10:00 flight you need to be at the airport by about 8:00 to be safe, which should be easy.

Boy am I glad I asked for the feedback ..... Thanks for the feedback.

I fool so foolish we actually dock in Fort Lauderdale (not Miami, so I know I need extra time .....)

Keith the sailing is the Celebrity Reflection Transatlantic in November (previous port Nassau the day prior)

Just now, downundermatt said:

Boy am I glad I asked for the feedback ..... Thanks for the feedback.

I fool so foolish we actually dock in Fort Lauderdale (not Miami, so I know I need extra time .....)

Keith the sailing is the Celebrity Reflection Transatlantic in November (previous port Nassau the day prior)

Still doable. If you are off at 7am, about an hour drive on a Monday morning with the extra traffic.  At the airport by 8am with time to spare.  If you can get off earlier than 7, all the better.

If you get off later, could be stressful. It's not super risky, but not without risk, either. 

When I sailed reflection, we were off around 7:20am and we lined up for self, but we didn't show a 5am arrival, we had a 7am arrival. 

if you are not stopping in any US ports before PE  then you may have extra  immigration to deal with

just a thought

If you already booked the flights  it is a moot point

get off as early as you can & do not dilly dally  airport security  can be  slow