Diamond gift

I am making diamond status partway thru the cruise I leave for a Thursday. I know the status wont kick in till a few weeks later but what about the pin and the gift? Is that this cruise or the next one? I remember getting a pin and a backpack or something when I made emerald or platinum. 

Ps. what is the gift?

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

I am making diamond status partway thru the cruise I leave for a Thursday. I know the status wont kick in till a few weeks later but what about the pin and the gift? Is that this cruise or the next one? I remember getting a pin and a backpack or something when I made emerald or platinum. 

Ps. what is the gift?

Thanks!

Next cruise when you are diamond. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

Ps. what is the gift?

Thanks!

Don't know of any gift specific to reaching Diamond level.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Thank you, I thought I had missed something for the two years we were diamond. But the new car I got for diamond plus was nice! 😜

I missed that one.

20 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

Ps. what is the gift?

Thanks!

Prior to going on your next cruise as diamond call the C&A (1-800-526-9723) and provide them with your welcome aboard gift preference. 

image.png.c9af6236be3255fe0394d658c062c89e.png

Edited by davekathy
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Alcoholic welcome abord beverages start at Diamond Plus.

Wow, must have been so long ago I forgot. 

So its beer at Diamond and wine at D+

I'd like to see a 6 pack of beer at 525. I'll bet it's cheaper wholesale than the Conundrum. 🍺

Edited by John&LaLa

3 hours ago, mommamiller04 said:

You do get access to Diamond Lounge, which is great. Other little perks, too. But no gift or anything. From when we started cruising 15 years ago to now, they are giving less and less as far as gifts go.

I see that, LOL! I am lucky to be able to cruise but only once a year so it took a long time to get here. Last time I upgraded I got a backpack. Now diet coke, LOL.

But who cares, I will have access to the lounge which is most important. 

Disney is generous with their gifts ( I recall getting a backpack on our second cruise) - Royal not so much.  I don't recall a pin or anything for platinum.  

Even HAL gave us a nice gift for our first cruise with them after previously cruising with Carnival.

8 minutes ago, tiger belle said:

how many cruises do you need to qualify for diamond or diamond plus status?

If you figure each cruise is 7 nights, then 12 cruises for Diamond and 25 cruises for Diamond Plus.  Cut those numbers in half if you sail in suites.