Disembark in Miami Revisited

wcsdkqh

I know there has been a good bit of discussion here regarding disembarking in Miami over the course of the past couple years.  I also know there are a significant number of CC members on the Splendor San Diego -> Miami cruise next March, and would imagine many US residents will pass on the "included" Regent Air, and opt for making their own 1st class travel arrangements. Wondering what the current thinking is regarding safe departure times for flights out of Miami following this cruise.  Is a 1:30pm domestic flight reasonable? How about 11:25am? Thx

Agree with 1:30.  We did make an 11:40 a.m. flight but had to stand for almost two hours in the front of the line of people that needed to get off in order to make their flight.  Many in line missed theirs ......... we were just lucky!

While I would also choose the 1:30 PM flight to be safe and unstressed, I will say that in February 2018, we disembarked the Explorer in Miami - from the time we walked off the ship, waited maybe 5 minutes in line for a taxi and got to the air terminal was approximately 30 minutes total.  I was shocked but quite pleased.  Then we had from 9:30 AM until our 1 PM flight to hang around the airport.  But I would still not book a flight before maybe 12:30 PM or so.

Like everyone else the :30PM is the way to go.  Don't forget that cruise will sail full and Miami can and will be a mess.  Be safe and enjoy you'll trip without the worry about missing a flight.  Miami has some good lounges.

As others have said 1:30 PM is fine so no worries with that.

Getting from the port to the airport should take 15 to 20 minutes.

Lots of easy options to do this from a private vehicle to taxi to Uber.

Miami has a great airport terminal (at least on the airline we fly) so if you get there early (which hopefully you will) there will be lots of choices should you wish to have lunch there.

Keith

We had two choices on American non stops to DFW for our return flight.  11:25am or 3:51pm.  We chose the latter.  We figured we could hang out at the AA lounge in Miami until it was time instead of stressing if there was any delay in the disembarkation process.