Allure Refurb 2020

2 minutes ago, little britain said:

It's immediately after her TA in March 2020. She gets into Barcelona March 13 and then her first cruise after Dry dock is May 10.

Thanks for the update on the completion date.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

If it happens.... 🙄

Really no reason to think it wouldn't.  They've already cancelled all the March Caribbean cruises to accomodate the drydock schedule. No need to send her over empty.

12 days with just one stop in Malaga should accomodate any minor azipod issues

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Really no reason to think it wouldn't.  They've already cancelled all the March Caribbean cruises to accomodate the drydock schedule. No need to send her over empty.

12 days with just one stop in Malaga should accomodate any minor azipod issues

I have a feeling they will not be allowed to cross the Atlantic with the azipod issues - if it gets rough or they break down....having 6000 people stranded in the Atlantic is totally different than hopping from one island to another where land and help is always just minutes away.......🤔

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

4 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

I have a feeling they will not be allowed to cross the Atlantic with the azipod issues - if it gets rough or they break down....having 6000 people stranded in the Atlantic is totally different than hopping from one island to another where land and help is always just minutes away.......🤔

I guess that's a possibility, I'm fine either way. 

Hopefully they decide prior to final.  I have two A1's up until then. And my air is through Air2Sea

46 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

This is interesting since my understanding is that Allure can not be fixed without crossing the Atlantic since Freeport dock was destroyed. ??

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Not really, you might want to look at what they are doing to Oasis 

Yeah I saw those when they were announced. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything official for the Allure yet. It'll be nice having a lot of the renovations they are making to the Oasis. Hopefully a few different options as well. 🙂 🙂 We had to change our Harmony of the Seas in April 2021 to Allure of the Seas due to the Harmony maintenance schedule during that time so it'll be nice going back on the Allure with some upgrades.

• Like 1

I, for one, hate that they're putting those giant purple slides in.  The last few Boardwalk balcony cabins had a lovely aft / wake view but now that will be obstructed by the purple monstrosities.  But I know a lot of people really love them.   For me, just the thought of sliding down an enclosed tube like that makes me almost hyperventilate!  

• Like 1