Hold the phone, the front of the ship is off limits on the GEM now TOO?!?

PortFees45

8 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

It's such a tiny platform! It literally can hold maybe 5-10 people and it would be crowded with 10. 

You are correct . . . not a big loss. You can see it on Google Earth's June 2018 satellite photo of the Manhattan Cruise Terminal (Gem is docked). The stair case (leading up from the deck 14 area) is partially in the shadows on the port side. It is the small rectangle section behind the larger white section where the superstructure is located. PDF attached.

Gem.pdf

19 minutes ago, no port @ dfw said:

You are correct . . . not a big loss. You can see it on Google Earth's June 2018 satellite photo of the Manhattan Cruise Terminal (Gem is docked). The stair case (leading up from the deck 14 area) is partially in the shadows on the port side. It is the small rectangle section behind the larger white section where the superstructure is located. PDF attached.

Gem.pdf 3.89 MB · 2 downloads

Yeah I don't really care about the little freestyle platform. In fact I think the idea of making it "haven only" is kind of hilarious. My concern is whether or not they blocked off the surrounding Deck 14 area.

On 6/27/2019 at 7:15 PM, PortFees45 said:

Someone in another thread mentioned there is "no forward deck access due to the Haven." 

Can anyone confirm if this is accurate? I recall the Gem ALREADY HAD a private sundeck for the Haven on the port side. Is the entire front part of the ship on Deck 14 really off limits to general passengers now? It's not clear from the current deck plans. 

If they're closing off the front parts of Jewel ships to non-Haven pax, I am officially finished with Norwegian. Done. That is a firm red line with this platinum cruiser. 

BYE!

Hopefully this is just a typo - I remember on the Pearl there was the FreeSyle sundeck for nude sunbathing up above the main sundeck on 14 it was not very big and there was now way to really limit the access. I don't think it would be very practical for NCL to make this a Haven area as it is too far removed from it.

In that post #9 (the Video) at about :50 seconds into the video the photo taker has arrived at the landing looking into

the Adult sundeck area and proceeds to go to the left - up to another landing with stacked deck chairs - - -

BUT if one were to go around the corner to the right what would be there more open deck space around the

Mast head with pennants and communications gear (usually a space reserved crew only) Aerial view that is much

larger than the small postage stamp the video is showing. I can't get enough definition in the PDF to define what is

there.

My previous post (snip)  WHY NCL would make that Private Area a Haven when the Haven is a ship within

a ship mid-ship above Cagney's and Moderno and to get to that area in the front of the ship the Haven guest would

have to travel in a bathrobe in the common areas of the ship to get to this new adult area.

Reasonably the existing Haven deck area is not suitable with young folks about for the adults to enjoy a clothing

optional area - but it does not make sense to have to go a quarter deck away in a bathrobe to use this feature.

Something is LOST in the NCL planning here ?

The clothing optional features in my view is more suitable for European cruises than those this side of the pond

imagine clothing optional on Alaska cruises !