Suite Perks

Thameside

Hi, We have just booked a suite for a Caribbean Cruise on board Britannia in January, and it is our first time on P & O. I have read as much as possible and realise that there doesn't seem to too many extras included for suite passengers. I have a couple of questions that someone might be to help me with. Can I get main restaurant meals served in my cabin for Lunch or Dinner. Is there a system of priority when tendering is required and does it work. Is all room service food F.O.C. Lastly are there any other perks that might be worthwhile. Thanks in advance. Paul

You'll find several existing threads on this topic, but you're right - P&O doesn't provide as many extras for suite passengers as some other lines - though to be fair you'd probably pay more for those others.

Can I get main restaurant meals served in my cabin for Lunch or Dinner?  Yes - you can have them served in your cabin on request.

Is there a system of priority when tendering is required and does it work?  There is a system, and I believe it does work, though I've never actually used it.

Is all room service food F.O.C.? - yes, though you will see prices against the items on the menu in your suite - ignore them.

Lastly are there any other perks that might be worthwhile?  -  you will get priority boarding (make sure you tell them as soon as you arrive at the terminal) and a small area set aside where coffee and biscuits are served. You will also get priority disembarkation, though sometimes the system fails.  There are canapes each evening, brought by your butler (another extra - he will provide all sorts of services - see the website) but most people find them pretty unimpressive. You'll also receive advance menus for the following day. You'll have access to the Epicurean for breakfast - superb. There's a 'Welcome on Board' reception lunch too (not in the Epicurean, but pretty good, with wine included).  There's a coffee machine in the suite (your butler will keep supplies replenished) and a bowl of fruit (will also be replaced at some point) plus some bottles of water, some chocolates, and a pair of binoculars to use: be wary of these, I picked up an eye infection last time!

Doubtless several things I've forgotten about, but others will add to the list.

Have fun - it's a nice way to travel.

39 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

I did capetown to Southampton , a few years ago, on Aurora in full suite, there was no priority boarding, even though I asked. No priority disembarkation at Southampton even though I asked

I don't know when it was introduced, but we've always benefited from it, and it's a useful 'service'.

1 hour ago, Windsurfboy said:

I did capetown to Southampton , a few years ago, on Aurora in full suite, there was no priority boarding, even though I asked. No priority disembarkation at Southampton even though I asked

No priority on fly cruises. And i think things are different on world or part world cruises

• 3 months later...