Question re: Sunshine Cabin for 3

We are taking a family cruise on Sunshine in July and I have a question about the cabin (8c - 7245) cabin for my son, daughter-in-law and 3 yr. old granddaughter.  I can't find any specific information on the Carnival site, but another cruise site says this about 8c cabins - "Some staterooms are equipped with a sofa bed and/or an upper Pullman-style bunk bed to accommodate a third or fourth guest."  I hope they wouldn't expect a 3 year old to sleep in an upper Pullman, would they?  I assume there's a sofa bed in this cabin?

31 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

We are taking a family cruise on Sunshine in July and I have a question about the cabin (8c - 7245) cabin for my son, daughter-in-law and 3 yr. old granddaughter.  I can't find any specific information on the Carnival site, but another cruise site says this about 8c cabins - "Some staterooms are equipped with a sofa bed and/or an upper Pullman-style bunk bed to accommodate a third or fourth guest."  I hope they wouldn't expect a 3 year old to sleep in an upper Pullman, would they?  I assume there's a sofa bed in this cabin?

Most likely a single sofa bed.

1 minute ago, handbellplayer said:

I hope so!  Is there any way to know for sure?

Look at the deck plans. If there is a black box (universal on all Carnival ships) or a = on Carnival Freedom, you know that has an upper pullman bed. Remember, you can always request a trundle bed.

Just now, Essiesmom said:

Are you sure that is the correct cabin number?  Deckplans on cruisedeckplans.com do not show this cabin as a triple.  Pictures do show it has a sofa.  EM

Positive - and Carnival knows we have three in the cabin - so I assume they booked us in an appropriate cabin.  I have the same question into my TA.

per Carnival website:

Stateroom 7245

Close Stateroom Detail

Overview

Details

Amenities

Two twin beds (convert to king) and single sofa bed. Sofa and coffee table. Desk and seat. Full bathroom with shower. 3 closets. Private balcony with patio chairs and table.

All images are representative of staterooms. Actual configurations may vary.