Chops Grill Group Booking

My wife and I are booked on Voyager in March and we will be travelling with 8 friends to celebrate my 50th.

I want to make a booking for the 10 us to have dinner one night either in Chops Grill or Chefs Table as a birthday dinner celebration and would like to pay for eveyone. We all have our own cruise bookings so any suggestions as how I can do this.

Many Thanks

13 minutes ago, soak01 said:

My wife and I are booked on Voyager in March and we will be travelling with 8 friends to celebrate my 50th.

I want to make a booking for the 10 us to have dinner one night either in Chops Grill or Chefs Table as a birthday dinner celebration and would like to pay for eveyone. We all have our own cruise bookings so any suggestions as how I can do this.

Many Thanks

You should be able to book this online thru the cruise planner.  You will need to have everyone's booking numbers.  During the process, a question will ask if you want to add others from another booking, and that is when you will add those booking numbers.  If there are any questions or problems, you can always call Royal and book over the phone as well, but will still need the other friends booking numbers!  Happy 50th!

I purchased 12 of the 3 night dining packages for the 12 people who are cruising with me in November on Harmony.  I had their reservation numbers and as JBSteeler posted follow the directions in your cruise planner.   If all else fails make the phone call.  Happy 50th.  Wishes for many happy healthy years.

We often travel in groups of 10-15 people and make specialty dining reservations as soon as we board.  They usually tell us 5:30pm or 8:30pm for large groups. 

Once dining at the restaurant, just let them know that you'll be picking up the whole tab.

32 minutes ago, sharktums said:

Once dining at the restaurant, just let them know that you'll be picking up the whole tab.

Do not understand.  I already paid for the 3 night package.  What tab?

12 hours ago, Snit13 said:

I purchased 12 of the 3 night dining packages for the 12 people who are cruising with me in November on Harmony.  I had their reservation numbers and as JBSteeler posted follow the directions in your cruise planner.   If all else fails make the phone call.  Happy 50th.  Wishes for many happy healthy years.

When you have a package you can only make reservations once onboard, how were you able to bypass that and reserve through the planner. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

When you have a package you can only make reservations once onboard, how were you able to bypass that and reserve through the planner. 

They reserved the package through the planner, not the reservations. At least that’s what I got out of their post. 

Edited by Croozin Soozin

We recently sailed on Anthem and booked multiple group dinners (12+ ppl) -- just did it as soon as we boarded. We had everyone's stateroom number. Only limitation was that we needed to book at 530/6 or 8/830pm, as someone already mentioned. Not a big deal and certainly not a problem for these special dinners. I can see why you'd want to get this set ahead of time but, if you don't, don't stress. And have an awesome celebration!

Edited by zooma

We just returned from our June cruise aboard Anthem.  We booked Chops for a group of 9.  I called RCL and booked on the phone.  I already had our cabins/ reservations linked when we booked so the representative didn't have any trouble getting us a reservation.  I hope that helps.

On 6/30/2019 at 8:25 PM, Croozin Soozin said:

They reserved the package through the planner, not the reservations. At least that’s what I got out of their post. 

You got that right.  Hope to be able to reserve when we board as there are 3 GS's, 1JS and 1CPB booked for the 12 of us.  All reservations are linked by me to my reservation.

Edited by Snit13
add

9 hours ago, Snit13 said:

You got that right.  Hope to be able to reserve when we board as there are 3 GS's, 1JS and 1CPB booked for the 12 of us.  All reservations are linked by me to my reservation.

Your Suite concierge can book for you in advance; just email them and let them know time and guests. A D+ did that for a group of us from our roll call for  4 nights at  4 different venues or you might try C&A rep if its farther out and the concierge doesn't respond.

12 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

Your Suite concierge can book for you in advance; just email them and let them know time and guests. A D+ did that for a group of us from our roll call for  4 nights at  4 different venues or you might try C&A rep if its farther out and the concierge doesn't respond.

That is what I was hoping.  Did not have suite on Allure or Oasis so no access to suite concierge.  On other cruises where we had GS's there was no Coastal Kitchen thus no need for dinner reservations there.  Diamond concierge did make MDR reservations for us on one cruise.  Thanks AlanF