Help with benefits of a group

Hi all! I’m looking for help with benefits of a group sailing on Royal’s Harmony of the Seas. We are currently booked on Norwegian Breakaway. We have 11 cabins 22 people. I’ve never sailed Norwegian but after reading some reviews I’m a little concerned. We booked because of all the free at sea we received with the booking. Our last cruise as a group was on the allure. We spent a fair amount of time at the pool which according to Norwegian reviews of Breakaway the pool area is overcrowded with not very great bar service. I realize all pools on ships get crowded but the overcrowding is mentioned over and over. Soooo....for that reason I’m looking at other options for our group but want as much information as possible before I speak to everyone. What are the benefits received for a group of our size? Do we choose our benefits or does our TA choose them? Any extra info you can give is very much appreciated 

If you choose the right travel agent, they will explain all the perks (these can vary) and what they will share with you.  Some tell you about and share the TC (tour conductor) credit that Royal gives to every 8 double occupancy staterooms booked, and some don't.

34 minutes ago, TMO3CCO1 said:

Hi all! I’m looking for help with benefits of a group sailing on Royal’s Harmony of the Seas. We are currently booked on Norwegian Breakaway. We have 11 cabins 22 people. I’ve never sailed Norwegian but after reading some reviews I’m a little concerned. We booked because of all the free at sea we received with the booking. Our last cruise as a group was on the allure. We spent a fair amount of time at the pool which according to Norwegian reviews of Breakaway the pool area is overcrowded with not very great bar service. I realize all pools on ships get crowded but the overcrowding is mentioned over and over. Soooo....for that reason I’m looking at other options for our group but want as much information as possible before I speak to everyone. What are the benefits received for a group of our size? Do we choose our benefits or does our TA choose them? Any extra info you can give is very much appreciated 

Been on the Breakaway, you are correct that the whole pool setup is bad.

As Bob says with every 8 cabins booked you get 1 free berth.  You can use that as obc, lower the cost for everyone or go sail for free.  Most groups will get a free amenity as well, most choose a $50 obc per cabin but other things are available.  Another great advantage could be the pricing, it could be a substantial savings although sometimes it could be nothing.

When are you sailing?  I'll see if my agency has any groups then you'll at least know the pricing

2 hours ago, whitshel said:

As Bob says with every 8 cabins booked you get 1 free berth.  You can use that as obc, lower the cost for everyone or go sail for free.  Most groups will get a free amenity as well, most choose a $50 obc per cabin but other things are available.  Another great advantage could be the pricing, it could be a substantial savings although sometimes it could be nothing.

When are you sailing?  I'll see if my agency has any groups then you'll at least know the pricing

Looking at May 24, 2020 out of Port Canaveral 

Looks like the cheapest oceanview balcony on a group rate is $1229, bogo non-refundable rate $1531.  So a nice savings.

Insides $872 vs $1223 

So a group will definitely be advantageous 

from just the NCL site looks you could add the drink package to the rccl price and be about the same as the Breakaway with the included drink package

Also, looks like symphony is about the price as Harmony(maybe $50) with the group pricing.

Edited by whitshel

Another vote for NCL.  I haven’t tried Harmony yet, but can say that we never had trouble getting served at any of the bars.  I asked the bartender for a Bloody Mary with a small shot of liquor and this was what I got.  Got lots of laughs and lots of photos.  Absolutely the most fun we’ve ever had on a cruise.  No negatives, good food, good drinks and outstanding service.  Set a tall bar for our upcoming Harmony cruise.

A6F47866-5C7B-4588-AAE1-0EE929DC89BB.jpeg

29 minutes ago, whitshel said:

Looks like the cheapest oceanview balcony on a group rate is $1229, bogo non-refundable rate $1531.  So a nice savings.

Insides $872 vs $1223 

from just the NCL site looks you could add the drink package to the rccl price and be about the same as the Breakaway with the included drink package

Also, looks like symphony is about the price as Harmony(maybe $50) with the group pricing.

All great information! Thank you!

We did a group on RCI

In addition to the freebies for every 8 cabins, we also got "points" toward different amenities.   We had enough points to give all out guests OBC and send a gift to everyones room.  We could choose different things. 

Not sure it's the same, that was about 5 years ago but the points were helpful.

RCI also let us pick our dining table assignments for our group, and there was a group coordinator onboard to help with any things out group needed as a whole and she was amazing!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BamaLady#13 said:

Another vote for NCL.  I haven’t tried Harmony yet, but can say that we never had trouble getting served at any of the bars.  I asked the bartender for a Bloody Mary with a small shot of liquor and this was what I got.  Got lots of laughs and lots of photos.  Absolutely the most fun we’ve ever had on a cruise.  No negatives, good food, good drinks and outstanding service.  Set a tall bar for our upcoming Harmony cruise.

A6F47866-5C7B-4588-AAE1-0EE929DC89BB.jpeg

true story:  we have a favorite Brunch place on the beach Boardwalk here.   there are about 10 couples that are regulars.   One is a 'complainer'.  one morning he received his first Bloody Mary of the day in a DOF glass.  he 'griped' about it being in a smaller glass.   Mr Spook, being an instigator told the bartender to use a shot glass for his next one.   she did.  everyone got involved.  the Kitchen manager  presented it on a plate with the customer's name.    the GM presented it to him with a flourish.  many pictures were taken.  and now if he gets too fresh with the bartender, she puts an empty shot glass in front of him to keep him in line.  

• Like 3

On 6/30/2019 at 2:31 PM, whitshel said:

Insides $872 vs $1223 

Also, looks like symphony is about the price as Harmony(maybe $50) with the group pri

We ended up booking the May 10, 2020 cruise on Harmony. Nine cabins 18 adults! Everyone is excited. Unfortunately cabin choices were limited in the group to decks 11 and 12 and the only options given to me by TA all had beds by the balcony. I like deck 8 with bed by the bathroom. So in the end I am trying something different. 😜

13 minutes ago, TMO3CCO1 said:

We ended up booking the May 10, 2020 cruise on Harmony. Nine cabins 18 adults! Everyone is excited. Unfortunately cabin choices were limited in the group to decks 11 and 12 and the only options given to me by TA all had beds by the balcony. I like deck 8 with bed by the bathroom. So in the end I am trying something different. 😜

Hopefully you got a good group rate!