Could not change cabin prior to final Payment

laughing husky

We had the same issue....could not be changed. Same category. It's really a sad deal. We have done it several times in the past. Now if you make movement, you lose what you had.  I always held Princess to a higher standard, and was nice to be able to book...but know you could move around should you want to.  Time to start shopping around to other lines.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ombud said:

I called and asked, its Sunday so my PVP isn't in. Just asked the 1-800-princess person. She asked which one I wanted, not losing my promo. Told her I was just checking. So it CAN be done

I called as well. No issue changing cabins and not losing the perks from original promo.

• Thanks 1

Did you book a guarantee initially and was assigned a higher category cabin you are in now?  Or did you get a complimentary upgrade at some point?

If you booked the specific cabin you are in now, there should be no reason why you cannot change to another one in the same category...

It's a very simple thing to do in Polar Online for your agent.

• Haha 1

Interesting.  I moved from L108 to M108 on Royal Princess with no issues at all a little over a week ago.  My cruise isn't until September 2020 though.  Kept free gratuities and OBC.

Edited by sandjforever
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Love2cruise77 said:

Did you book a guarantee initially and was assigned a higher category cabin you are in now?  Or did you get a complimentary upgrade at some point?

If you booked the specific cabin you are in now, there should be no reason why you cannot change to another one in the same category...

It's a very simple thing to do in Polar Online for your agent.

No reason for an agent to call Princess it can be handled on Polar Online.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sandjforever said:

Interesting.  I moved from L108 to M108 on Royal Princess with no issues at all a little over a week ago.  My cruise isn't until September 2020 though.  Kept free gratuities and OBC.

You will love  that  cabin  and large  deck.  Where  are you sailing??

I did just this two weeks ago.  Got my sister moved next cabin to mine from two cabins away.  Same category cabins.  No problem, no refaring, no changes to promos etc. BTW-the prices have increased since the original bookings.  The cabin wasn’t available at the time of booking but when I saw it I called Princess to put it on hold, then my TA followed through and got the change.  If this policy is new, it is very new.

21 hours ago, cruiser113 said:

You will love  that  cabin  and large  deck.  Where  are you sailing??

We are doing a 12 day cruisetour to Alaska September 7, 2020.  We had a mid ship balcony then I changed to L108 and then finally M108.  Someone must have cancelled as it showed book since last year.  Called the big box store and they moved me right to it.  Super excited!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sandjforever said:

We are doing a 12 day cruisetour to Alaska September 7, 2020.  We had a mid ship balcony then I changed to L108 and then finally M108.  Someone must have cancelled as it showed book since last year.  Called the big box store and they moved me right to it.  Super excited!

It  will be  wonderful to  view  the  glaciers.  The  balcony is so massive.

Those  two  cabins M107 /108  do  book  quickly.

Also  you  will have  club  class  dining ,  something  we  have  enjoyed.

we  were  able to  snag  this  cabin before  club  class  was introduced.

On 7/1/2019 at 2:40 PM, sandjforever said:

We just today did almost exactly the same thing. Had our TA move us from a Dolphin level balcony to the identical cabin two decks up on Baja, also the Royal/09/2020. Absolutely no issue, and we kept all the great "3 Day Sale" perqs we received from the TA when we made the booking a few weeks ago.

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

We just today did almost exactly the same thing. Had our TA move us from a Dolphin level balcony to the identical cabin two decks up on Baja, also the Royal/09/2020. Absolutely no issue, and we kept all the great "3 Day Sale" perqs we received from the TA when we made the booking a few weeks ago.

Wow, we keep getting conflicting reports.  Some reports state unequivocally that Princess does not allow "cabin switches" anymore.  Some reports indicate that the poster was able to switch cabins in just the past few days.

I am sure that each report is accurate.

Is it possible, in a case such as lx200 reports, that the Travel Agent held various blocks of cabins, and was able to perform the switch without involving Princess at all?

41 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

Wow, we keep getting conflicting reports.  Some reports state unequivocally that Princess does not allow "cabin switches" anymore.  Some reports indicate that the poster was able to switch cabins in just the past few days.

I am sure that each report is accurate.

Is it possible, in a case such as lx200 reports, that the Travel Agent held various blocks of cabins, and was able to perform the switch without involving Princess at all?

Travel Agents can only hold allotments of particular categories in their groups , not actual cabin #'s until they have names &  deposits on them.

Edited by MCC retired
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 2:10 PM, jagoffee said:

Laughing Husky, now that’s it is Monday, have you been able to switch your cabin in the same category?

OP ... it is now mid-day Wed ... can you please update us??????

Edited by pms4104

1 hour ago, MCC retired said:

Travel Agents can only hold allotments of particular categories in their groups , not actual cabin #'s until they have names &  deposits on them.

Thanks, MCC.

1 hour ago, MCC retired said:

I assume this means that in our case this morning, both the cabin we had, on Dolphin, and the new one we selected, its twin on Baja, were both in the "batch" of cabins this big TA had blocked off, which is why our TA was able to handle it so quickly? Perhaps she didn't need to contact the Mother Ship at all and was able to handle it herself through her online system? Interesting thing is that both of these cabins were specifically chosen by us, the original one a month ago, and the new one today, from the Princess website as being, at the time, open and available so we didn't know in advance that they came from her block of cabins.

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

I assume this means that in our case this morning, both the cabin we had, on Dolphin, and the new one we selected, its twin on Baja, were both in the "batch" of cabins this big TA had blocked off, which is why our TA was able to handle it so quickly? Perhaps she didn't need to contact the Mother Ship at all and was able to handle it herself through her online system? Interesting thing is that both of these cabins were specifically chosen by us, the original one a month ago, and the new one today, from the Princess website as being, at the time, open and available so we didn't know in advance that they came from her block of cabins.

As a former TA myself , their   Princess Polar booking system is the easiest system to

quickly do bookings, changes , etc. . No need to call anyone to check inventory , assign cabins  , make changes in their groups or individual bookings. It was the best booking system by far ,that I used .👍

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lx200gps said:

I assume this means that in our case this morning, both the cabin we had, on Dolphin, and the new one we selected, its twin on Baja, were both in the "batch" of cabins this big TA had blocked off, which is why our TA was able to handle it so quickly? 

Probably not. It shouldn't matter if they have group space or not.