Caribbean Princess deck 14 aft stateroom question

BizDoc

Hi, we are thinking of booking a Panama Canal partial on the CP and have a question about the deck 14 aft staterooms.  Is there much noise or food smell from the buffet above?  This is our first time on CP.

We like a quiet room but enjoy the proximity to the upstairs amenities.  Thanks in advance for your responses!

Edited by BizDoc

4 minutes ago, BizDoc said:

Hi, we are thinking of booking a Panama Canal partial on the CP and have a question about the deck 14 aft staterooms.  Is there much noise or food smell from the buffet above?  This is our first time on CP.

We like a quiet room but enjoy the proximity to the upstairs amenities.  Thanks in advance for your responses!

On the CB deck 14 aft is a great location. Close to the doors to the aft pool and 1 deck up to the buffet. We stay in the 700’s and have never had food odors or noise from above. The more forward you get the more chance of chair noise etc from above.

• Like 1

agree - great location back there ... just be sure to check the deck plans to see if a potential cabin is a connecting cabin unless that is what you want ... not even really sure if they have those back there or not

23 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

On the CB deck 14 aft is a great location. Close to the doors to the aft pool and 1 deck up to the buffet. We stay in the 700’s and have never had food odors or noise from above. The more forward you get the more chance of chair noise etc from above.

Everything Keith said is very accurate.  We tend to be Deck 14 aft devotees, all for the same reasons

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BizDoc said:

Thanks for the quick response! By CB we assume you are referring to Caribbean Princess,, correct?

Yes CP (Sea Princess) was built before the Caribbean Princess so they gave  the Caribbean Princess the CB abbrev. Many of the ship abbreviations don’t make sense I know.  🤪

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Yes CP (Sea Princess) was built before the Caribbean Princess so they gave  the Caribbean Princess the CB abbrev. Many of the ship abbreviations don’t make sense I know.  🤪

Is the Coral CR?

• Haha 1

As Keith said, the abbreviations can be quite confusing. The abbreviation is included as part of the URL if you check out the ships on the Princess site.

Princess Ship Abbreviations

CB - Caribbean Princess
CO - Coral Princess
KP - Crown Princess
DP - Dawn Princess
DI - Diamond Princess
EP - Emerald Princess
NP - Golden Princess
AP - Grand Princess
IP - Island Princess
GP - Regal Princess
RP - Royal Princess
RU - Ruby Princess
SA - Sapphire Princess
CP - Sea Princess
TP - Star Princess
SP - Sun Princess

MJ – Majestic Princess
YP – Sky Princess

PA - Pacific Princess

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Exactly what everybody else said. We just stayed in the same area and it was so convenient to the Terrace pool and the buffet or take the elevators straight down to deck 7 and go forward to the Piazza where all the activity is and of course International Café.

• Like 1

The Terrace Pool is my wife's favorite place. We wouldn't hesitate to book near there. Given her love of that area and the proximity to the buffet and Outrigger I like the location as well. (I don't hang out in the sun. I'm a fat boy and hate sweating in the sun and also worry about skin damage. I sometimes tell people I "sweat like a pig" but, in truth, pigs don't sweat which is why they like to cool themselves by wallowing in mud. There is your pointless trivia for the day.) The real point here is that we totally agree with the others here that this is a good location. I love a balcony but, if we ever get around to booking yet another cruise, (we have 2 this fall and a B2B2B booked for next fall) perhaps next Spring (?) we would probably be happy to book an inside in this area.

We love the aft cabins on deck 14. Even the insides are fine as they are close to the aft pool which is almost empty of passengers in the early evening. We do hear lounge chairs being moved at around 0700 every morning. Not too loud but definitely some noise.