Specialty restaurant reservations on R ships

Roccaforte

On a seven day cruise on Insignia am I still entitled to four dinner reservations even though there are only two specialty restaurants?  Have only been on O ships before.

We like the GDR and Terrace but will miss Red Ginger and Jacques😩.

1 hour ago, Roccaforte said:

On a seven day cruise on Insignia am I still entitled to four dinner reservations even though there are only two specialty restaurants?  Have only been on O ships before.

We like the GDR and Terrace but will miss Red Ginger and Jacques😩.

Only 2 reservations on an R-Ship for a 7-day cruise, 1 per specialty restaurant.

From Lynn's link:

"Insignia, Nautica, Regatta and Sirena 
Concierge Level Veranda and above 
Cruises 7 days or less: 1 reservation at each restaurant" 

So working with your Butler, as you say, when onboard would the the path you need to follow to snag more.

On the Sirena, there is Tuscan Grill and Red Ginger, so if that's your ship you will have a shot at RG.

Edited by 1985rz1

7 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

I definitely need a translator stat!

Is there any way to message someone?  I was just trying to get him to weigh in on another thread.  Mea culpa.

3 minutes ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Isn't it two per person per restaurant?  We are sailing ten days with my brother and sil so I assume we can join them on their reservations and them on ours?    

When your brother invites you to join him it counts as one reservation for him AND you; conversely, when you later invite your brother to join you it will count for both of you.

Thus you will have “used up” your reservations unless you each have 2 reservations to both restaurants. In that case you can repeat the process. 😊

28 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Congrats - enjoy all the benefits to the fullest.

Thanks, kiddo.  If I get really bogged down would it be alright if I message you?  I promise I won't abuse the privilege. Cath

4 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Isn't it two per person per restaurant?  We are sailing ten days with my brother and sil so I assume we can join them on their reservations and them on ours?    

And if you have a reservation and your in-suite partner joins you, that's his/her reservation also.  Each "attendance" is a used reservation no matter who makes it.  And beware, you can invite fellow travelers only if the window is open for both of you, so if there is a lower category stateroom, you can't invite the folks in it before their window opens.

14 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

It's not per person, it's per cabin. We are doing 16 days and both my mother (single in a cabin) and my BF/I each get 2 reservations per restaurant, for the trip. We do book our dining together.

did you look at the link in post #2 ?

No..... if you join someone  you have to use your reservation for 2 max.    Likewise you brother will give up his reservation allotment  it he joins you.      1 reservation= 2 persons   2 reservations=4 PERSONS 

But if you have  1 reservation for each specialty guaranteed   you cannot combine them for 1 restaurant.