Vista power loss

jimbo5544

Just now, cjknox said:

Oh wow, just propulsion or are hotel functions and hvac down too?

Let's not have a Triumph 2.0.....

unclear as of now...hard to believe how they are communicating....but certainly dead in the waterfront 

John Heald posted this:

So just wanted to keep you informed. At the moment the ship ( Vista ) has lost some of the power from the midship to the forward section of the vessel

This means we have no lighting and the elevators and air-conditioning systems are at the moment not working but we have confirmed nobody is inside the elevators

The Punchliner comedy club is in full flow as we have power at the aft quarter of the ship.

The Ship has navigation control and so it’s totally safe.

The engineers are working very hard to restore full power and of course the captain, Matt and myself are making constant announcements to keep everybody informed and the mood around the ship is one of understanding

I’m going to keep you all informed of course and around the ship all the crew are in public areas keeping everyone informed and helping guests

More soon.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Oh no, not good! Where are they? Are they stuck at sea or in port? 

They aren’t stuck anywhere. They didn't lose propulsion or any ship controls. Lighting and AC on part of the ship. 

Edited by RRLLAL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What's interesting the cruise ship tracking site ***** is showing the ship status as "not under command". 

The term “vessel not under command” means a vessel which through some exceptional circumstance is unable to maneuvre as required by these Rules and is therefore unable to keep out of the way of another vessel.

Could be wrong, but that status in interesting.  

4 minutes ago, Kadeeu said:

What's interesting the cruise ship tracking site ***** is showing the ship status as "not under command". 

The term “vessel not under command” means a vessel which through some exceptional circumstance is unable to maneuvre as required by these Rules and is therefore unable to keep out of the way of another vessel.

I know someone has already posted this but I highlighted a portion:

So just wanted to keep you informed. At the moment the ship ( Vista ) has lost some of the power from the midship to the forward section of the vessel

This means we have no lighting and the elevators and air-conditioning systems are at the moment not working but we have confirmed nobody is inside the elevators

The Punchliner comedy club is in full flow as we have power at the aft quarter of the ship.

The Ship has navigation control and so it’s totally safe.

The engineers are working very hard to restore full power and of course the captain, Matt and myself are making constant announcements to keep everybody informed and the mood around the ship is one of understanding

I’m going to keep you all informed of course and around the ship all the crew are in public areas keeping everyone informed and helping guests

8 minutes ago, Kadeeu said:

the ais transponder  is mostly likely on the bridge, when the bridge switched from ship electric power to backup UPS battery power, it could of caused the transponder to trip. my job had a power outage on friday, i seen my fair share of things gone wonky when there is a sudden switch from one power source to another

Edited by shof515

The engineers are slowly restoring the power and we should have full service is back shortly. 

Captain has already made an announcement and Matt is repeating it and I will do on myself very shortly as well.

Air con is back and lights are back across the ship 

Everyone doing their job in well practiced drills and as you can see from this photo the bridge is back in  night navigation mode. 

More soon

From John 

Edited by RRLLAL
  • Like 1

John is live from the ship and everything is fully back. He went to guest services because people were posting on his page that there were huge lines and people were yelling and screaming. There were 3 people there. The passengers all seemed to be laughing and having a good time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1