Medical Marijuana

11 hours ago, Birdie And Sue said:

Possession and use of marijuana IS an actual crime. 

No study has shown health benefits from any of that.  At least not any based on independent research with no dog in the fight.  They all actually have detrimental heath effect to onr degree or another.  Because item A is 'less bad' than item B does not in any way indicate that item A is even close to good.

Great and truthful post. I am tired of the argument, tobacco is worse for you than pot or I can only relax with pot and it never killed anyone. Anyone who wants to try and bring Pot on, let them take the chance, but they don't need to ask us here. I think they know it is not allowed. That is like trying to smuggle booze on. Sure you can and you may get away with it, but that doesn't make it right. 

1 hour ago, CruisingNole said:

Your time’s just about up.

Curious - You’re OK cruising with belligerent drunks but have a problem with someone enjoying a mellow high?

drinking is still legal last time I checked. Most places pot is not.. And for your information most who drink even when the booze is free do not do so to get drunk or do they get drunk. There is only one reason, other than maybe medical people use pot. It is to get high;; quite a difference. 

Don't expect pot to be legal on accepted on ships for many of years. It is more likely for all cruise lines or most ships to go smokeless than to allow pot smoking. You certainly must realize that as you are such an experienced cruiser. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tap_out said:

It's funny for every person who has a story about seeing somebody or hearing about somebody being arrested there are dozens of people on every cruise that bring it on. You know how I know? There has been more then one instance on all of my 13 cruises where I have smelled people indulging. Never saw anybody being hauled off with the police. Your call weather you want to risk it or not. No judgement from me. 

See,  I wouldn't know if someone was smoking it or not.   I'm sure I smelled it before but couldn't identify it for the life of me.   Growing up I was always told this one person was smoking it but all I ever smelled was her Loves Baby Soft.   I swear for years I thought that's what it smelled like. 

1 hour ago, bobsfamily said:

LOL - OK... if it goes legal Federal I think it would be allowed on ships starting/ending in the US

Nah. You would still have to deal with smuggling drugs into foreign ports. Doesn't matter where the drugs are on the ship, the fact that the ship enters a foreign port with drugs onboard makes it smuggling and the people holding the drugs criminal. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Nah. You would still have to deal with smuggling drugs into foreign ports. Doesn't matter where the drugs are on the ship, the fact that the ship enters a foreign port with drugs onboard makes it smuggling and the people holding the drugs criminal. 

So I guess you would need a specific route that all stops were "pot" friendly... I agree, just trying to figure it out in our new society.

As I've said before many a ship after a visit to the Bahamas or say Jamaica the smokestack was not the only thing smoking! In the 80/'90s and into the 2000's, heck Carnival had a topless bathing suit deck.

1 hour ago, casofilia said:

We have cruised about 300 days and have yet to see any number of rolling drunks

we have been on 36 cruises and never saw anyone rolling. but i have seen them crawling in the hall ways looking for their cabins. 

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2019 at 12:10 PM, Malindac1229 said:

I’m a medical marijuana patient.  I smoke just 3 hits before going to bed.  Since there is no smoking in the cabins, I’m wondering how others have dealt with this problem.  I hate the edibles they take way to long to work and do not give me the pain relief I get from smoking. 

Sure no edible is going to give you an instant hit, but the cumulative effect will be more powerful and longer lasting with the toxins inherent in smoking or vaping something.   Also more of the stuff is wasted in the air  enroute through your lungs than going into your blood stream from your gut.     Edibles, particularly capsules definitely give you more bang for the buck.   If the edibles and capsules you tried in the past did not work, find another vendor, try another brand, give it more time.    Heck, even that higher doses of the OTC CBD available everywhere might do the trick for you if you increase the dose and do not expect that stupid instant buzz.

23 minutes ago, bobsfamily said:

Dogs find them as well...

But LOL having them isolate the capsules from the daily pill pocket containers with all the other herbals, vitamins and any prescription drugs.  Just tell them you packed up your daily supplement allotment is a Cannabus legal state while you where imbibing.   They are not likely go through the hassle of testing every pill and capsule for such as obvious personal stash that is likely a false positive because the owner was stoned when he was packing it.  Sure, there is still a risk, but it is minimized to the max.

Since the thread pretty much got triple hijacked, I'll hijack some more.  Illinois just became one of the states that made recreational use legal effective Jan 1st.   I have about zero knowledge of the use or the different ingredients so my curiosity got me to doing some research.

I've never smoked anything and don't want to but then I found out they have chocolate stuff, gummy bear stuff, baked goods, etc.  

Bottom line:   This 59 year-old is gonna have some fun.   LOLZ.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Hotspring said:

But LOL having them isolate the capsules from the daily pill pocket containers with all the other herbals, vitamins and any prescription drugs.  Just tell them you packed up your daily supplement allotment is a Cannabus legal state while you where imbibing.   They are not likely go through the hassle of testing every pill and capsule for such as obvious personal stash that is likely a false positive because the owner was stoned when he was packing it.  Sure, there is still a risk, but it is minimized to the max.

I don't think you realize how bad it can get outside of the US or outside a pot friendly state in the US.  Having a possible 1st degree felony (in US) or a fast trip to the jail outside the US is not funny when it happens... and it does happen.

I truly don't care what someone does, just trying to explain.  As for having pills in daily pill container - if you have ANY kind of narcotics, pain reliever that requires a prescription it is highly suggested you take the actual container that came from the pharmacy with the prescription info on it. Things never happen until they do...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

drinking is still legal last time I checked. Most places pot is not.. 

And slavery used to be legal.  A lot of 19th century thinking on this board.  Drinking was illegal at one time, but the rise in organized crime made keeping it illegal impracticle.  Weed works the same way, but it will take a lot longer to be legal.  People drink alcohol for the effect of alcohol, often it becomes an "aquired" taste.  I had people tell me they liked the taste of smoking cocaine, but reality they liked the taste because of the following rush they got.  People might not drink to get drunk, but they don't pay $10/drink for the taste.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, casofilia said:

We have cruised about 300 days and have yet to see any number of rolling drunks

same with us. We have seen a few. Since the UBP went into affect, probably none. I don't keep track or check everyone for how much they have had to drink. I have seen people do a lot of things, usually rude things, but not seen them "in your face drunk"

6 hours ago, mugtech said:

And slavery used to be legal.  A lot of 19th century thinking on this board.  Drinking was illegal at one time, but the rise in organized crime made keeping it illegal impractical.  Weed works the same way, but it will take a lot longer to be legal.  People drink alcohol for the effect of alcohol, often it becomes an "acquired" taste.  I had people tell me they liked the taste of smoking cocaine, but reality they liked the taste because of the following rush they got.  People might not drink to get drunk, but they don't pay $10/drink for the taste.

Oh the list of fallacies goes on endlessly.

• Like 1

Saw this in the Bermuda Royal Gazette of today. Passenger was fined for both Cannabis and for THC found on an e cigarette found in cabin. Claiming  it legal at home or for medical reasons does not matter. Note that the passenger was reported by crew members. 

http://www.royalgazette.com/court/article/20190711/cruise-ship-passenger-had-drugs-in-cabin

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

Regardless of the legality/illegality of Marijuana, it's clearly a bad idea to take on a cruise ship as it's forbidden in the countries where the ships are registered and mostly where the ships sail (at least from the U.S.).

My advice?  Don't do it regardless of the reason you want to.  The consequences are not slight.  Then there's always the question on job applications that ask..."have you ever been arrested?"  Not worth it to me.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Regardless of the legality/illegality of Marijuana, it's clearly a bad idea to take on a cruise ship as it's forbidden in the countries where the ships are registered and mostly where the ships sail (at least from the U.S.).

My advice?  Don't do it regardless of the reason you want to.  The consequences are not slight.  Then there's always the question on job applications that ask..."have you ever been arrested?"  Not worth it to me.

And I proceeded to tell him the story of Alice's Restaurant Massacree with
Full orchestration and five-part harmony and stuff like that, and other phenomenon

• Haha 1