It's a miracle - 'All Inclusive' launch for UK markets!

ian441672

Just received in post this morning, and follow up email, that Princess have launched an 'All Inclusive' premium drinks package and up to $500 on board spending, on selected Caribbean Cruises for 2020/2021 and just the $500 OBS for selected other Med/USA cruises. Such a rarity to get a Sip 'n' Sail equivalent over here, I almost went crazy and booked one!!

• Like 2

It has been a long time coming.  Carnival isn't doing so well at the moment, particularly in Europe and Asia according to the Chief Exec, so I suspect they might be trying this out to try and boost bookings.   I believe bookings were ahead of last year but have softened since March.  About time they levelled the playing field a little! 

• Like 1

Absolutely!! Interesting what you say about Carnival in Europe not doing so well. I've always mentioned in my feedback to them about being the 'poor relations' in respect of the offers but the never reply or just laugh it off, which has caused me to book Celebrity where they seem to always give the drinks package. I lose my Elite with Celeb, but I can claw it upwards with them over time. I'm glad they have done it, hope it is a regular feature!

Looks good on paper but prices have rocketed. We looked to re-price our seven night March 2020 sailing on Sky Princess. Price for a Club Class mini suite is over £500 more per passenger than we are paying so effectively the cost of the drinks package and the $200 OBC per person we could get now. Of course this was before the £50 per person change fee.

Unfortunately nothing in life is free but like you say it’s good to see it offered in the UK for once.

• Like 1

Quite common. Last year our cabins went up over $1000 on the day the Sip and Sail came out. Some were able to simply add it on but it didn't work out for the two cruises we had booked.

I have never found the drink package to be worth the trouble. They just raise prices when the packages are offered, so why bother? People then feel obligated to drink more just to break even. 

Besides that, when the package is announced,  my TA offers the cruise pricing with & without the so-called money saving package. We always take the lower priced cruise & obtain our own drinks saving even more in the process. 

21 hours ago, Thrak said:

Quite common. Last year our cabins went up over $1000 on the day the Sip and Sail came out. Some were able to simply add it on but it didn't work out for the two cruises we had booked.

Yep, do the math and make a decision.  What a concept.  I believe this UK offer was to show that there are no hard feelings on  Independence Day.

• Haha 1

On 7/4/2019 at 5:45 PM, Geoffa30 said:

Looks good on paper but prices have rocketed.

Exactly, here's one we were looking at:

Before all-inclusive promotion

image001.jpg.9f7d0f908f58cf4213d3b7ce411de3e4.jpg

After all-inclusive promotion

image002.jpg.cc8bdd6c07dce2a59a12bc6b4bce3237.jpg

Edited by dides

11 minutes ago, dides said:

Exactly, here's one we were looking at:

Before all-inclusive promotion

image001.jpg.9f7d0f908f58cf4213d3b7ce411de3e4.jpg

After all-inclusive promotion

image002.jpg.cc8bdd6c07dce2a59a12bc6b4bce3237.jpg

Thanks for the post,   I am surprised how much more we would have to pay for the two kids (as guest 3&4 in our cabin) .

Sailing with Princess this summer but P&O next year as the prices were so much less.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cabin4three said:

Thanks for the post,   I am surprised how much more we would have to pay for the two kids (as guest 3&4 in our cabin) .

Sailing with Princess this summer but P&O next year as the prices were so much less.

Yes, the 3rd and 4th in the cabin do get some onboard credit and the Coffee and Soda package as part of the deal but it still seems to be large increase.