Horrible Story, What was he thinking?

dkjretired

4 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Agree on toddlers and cruising...what’s the point? They get nothing out of it...

Surely it's what the parents get out of it that's relevant. When our kids were toddlers they travelled to various countries in Europe. I'm sure they didn't get a great deal out of it but us, as parents, had a wonderful time. If we'd discovered cruising at that time I'm sure we'd have had a great time too. Your comment is just strange 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bobal said:

Surely it's what the parents get out of it that's relevant. When our kids were toddlers they travelled to various countries in Europe. I'm sure they didn't get a great deal out of it but us, as parents, had a wonderful time. If we'd discovered cruising at that time I'm sure we'd have had a great time too. Your comment is just strange 

Did you ever take a vacation where the kid's happiness was the focal point, instead of yours? Most of our vacations were centered around the kids, but occasionally, we needed adult time so rather than dragging them along, they went to stay with grandma and grandpa. When we got home, it sounded like they had a better time than us.

The best part of being a grandparent, spoil the kids rotten then send them home to mom and dad. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Did you ever take a vacation where the kid's happiness was the focal point, instead of yours? Most of our vacations were centered around the kids, but occasionally, we needed adult time so rather than dragging them along, they went to stay with grandma and grandpa. When we got home, it sounded like they had a better time than us.

The best part of being a grandparent, spoil the kids rotten then send them home to mom and dad. 

You're very lucky that you had that opportunity to leave them with grandparents. Some of us didn't have that luxury, but that didn't mean we didn't have the best time for ALL of us. Please don't be judgmental - my kids were always my priority and they were never 'dragged along' :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 2