Free air promo flight problems

MDgal76

we got free air from philly to mia end of august still waiting on flight numbers but my ncl shows itinerary as philly to charlotte-charlotte to miami...i want to change this [we hate connectors]how do we do it upgrade through the airline or call that number on ncl site??

2 hours ago, hilomelko said:

we got free air from philly to mia end of august still waiting on flight numbers but my ncl shows itinerary as philly to charlotte-charlotte to miami...i want to change this [we hate connectors]how do we do it upgrade through the airline or call that number on ncl site??

If the NCL site is showing the itinerary already, then the flight has probably been ticketed and cannot be changed at all. I called NCL today about our August flight because I had not seen any info. Had to wait 1hr & 20 minutes for them to tell me that it was ticketed already (last week) and that they could not make any changes (was going to see about a deviation post cruise). Anyway,  I requested they send me the flight info and they did it immediately. The seats for the return flight are not together, so I called American and they will hopefully get us seated together within 24 hours since we are traveling with children. I have to check back tomorrow. 

Long story short, if your itinerary is already showing an airline, call the airline. Good luck!

3 minutes ago, VPMJ said:

If the NCL site is showing the itinerary already, then the flight has probably been ticketed and cannot be changed at all. I called NCL today about our August flight because I had not seen any info. Had to wait 1hr & 20 minutes for them to tell me that it was ticketed already (last week) and that they could not make any changes (was going to see about a deviation post cruise). Anyway,  I requested they send me the flight info and they did it immediately. The seats for the return flight are not together, so I called American and they will hopefully get us seated together within 24 hours since we are traveling with children. I have to check back tomorrow. 

Long story short, if your itinerary is already showing an airline, call the airline. Good luck!

When in Aug is your cruise?

8 hours ago, VPMJ said:

Good advise and true. There is no way NCL is going to be able to change a schedule after ticketing. As for the poster: none of us like connecting flights but we do the best we can to adjust. it is the price we pay for saving money. And yes, the wait time for NCL can be very long. I talked to my TA about this yesterday. She said all the lines and the travel vendors are really slow right now, understaffed because of the good economy. Or that is how she sees it. 

8 hours ago, VPMJ said:

I don’t have an issue with a connecting flight, my mom does but that’s on her. We are on separate reservations so whatever she does doesn’t affect me. I was more curious about the schedule and what people have seen. I’d be more annoyed by a flight that departs 12 hours after my ships arrival than a connecting flight. Guess we shall wait and see. I’ve got months to go so I don’t expect to see anything anytime soon. Regardless, I’ll be on vacation so as long as they get me to the ship that’s all that I really care about! 

On Breakaway Sept 29th and am already worrying.  It's been years since I wasn't the one doing all the planning and I usually get us there the day before.  The special saved us around $800 between the 3 of us though.  Might not of cruised otherwise so I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

43 minutes ago, Jasonmom said:

On Breakaway Sept 29th and am already worrying.  It's been years since I wasn't the one doing all the planning and I usually get us there the day before.  The special saved us around $800 between the 3 of us though.  Might not of cruised otherwise so I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

you can pay $25 PP to come in the day before if you'd like.  You still can't pick the flight, but at least you're in town the day/night before your cruise

1 hour ago, JenTX4NYC said:

Im Sept 1 on Breakaway... so if yours was just ticketed a week ago, I probably have another week or two...

I'm on the Escape same date, eDocs are not available today (but were in the past) so I was able to see the proposed flights on AA. When I looked today, the tickets on the AA website indicates they were ticketed on 7/9.

20 hours ago, hilomelko said:

Talked to ncl air booking desk today they gave me all flight info sent in email form.... asked if they could alter anything and that is a no go..they didn’t even have my wife and I sitting together,so I contacted American and the same thing no upgrade to first class no flight time change nothing...I then went on the aa website put my info in looked at flight numbers and reservations and happened to see a little icon “seat change”clicked on it and was able to move the seats together and get much better rows for a fee of course.for the 2 of us philly to Miami and back in exit rows next to each other it was 200$..not that bad considering it was around 1000$ in airfare when I was pricing it myself,but the times suck ...

8 hours ago, MDgal76 said:

I don’t have an issue with a connecting flight, my mom does but that’s on her. We are on separate reservations so whatever she does doesn’t affect me. I was more curious about the schedule and what people have seen. I’d be more annoyed by a flight that departs 12 hours after my ships arrival than a connecting flight. Guess we shall wait and see. I’ve got months to go so I don’t expect to see anything anytime soon. Regardless, I’ll be on vacation so as long as they get me to the ship that’s all that I really care about! 

Got my flight info yesterday and it does leave about 12 hours after disembarkation, LOL!  7:45 PM… But it is a nonstop flight and we would rather have that then deal  with a connection. We can figure out a place to hang out.  One year we had a late flight and we rented a car for the day, but I’m not sure if  it would be worth it or not. 

30 minutes ago, hilomelko said:

Talked to ncl air booking desk today they gave me all flight info sent in email form.... asked if they could alter anything and that is a no go..they didn’t even have my wife and I sitting together,so I contacted American and the same thing no upgrade to first class no flight time change nothing...I then went on the aa website put my info in looked at flight numbers and reservations and happened to see a little icon “seat change”clicked on it and was able to move the seats together and get much better rows for a fee of course.for the 2 of us philly to Miami and back in exit rows next to each other it was 200$..not that bad considering it was around 1000$ in airfare when I was pricing it myself,but the times suck ...

Glad you got it figured out! We have kids with us so American opened preferred seating at no charge( no perks, just closer to the front LOL) and moved us together after I called. 

10 minutes ago, VPMJ said:

Got my flight info yesterday and it does leave about 12 hours after disembarkation, LOL!  7:45 PM… But it is a nonstop flight and we would rather have that then deal  with a connection. We can figure out a place to hang out.  One year we had a late flight and we rented a car for the day, but I’m not sure if  it would be worth it or not. 

Try hotelsbyday.com  that is the best way to go IMO, you get a comfortable place to rest, a pool to use and don't have to worry about baggage, etc.

yes, you can pick/move your seats, but that's about it.  I would recommend everyone logging in as soon as they get their flight arrangement and checking their seats.  They did put me some awful seats on both flights (in the middle seat), but I was able to change the seat location by logging into AA's website

my cruise was in April, so I'm no longer nervous, but I was really following things when they grounded those Max 8 planes.  That was right around the time when I was preparing for my cruise, and when I looked up my flight, it was originally scheduled for a Max 8.  Luckily, when they started doing all the cancellations, my flight wasn't one of them.  We got a new plane assigned and had to re-pick our seats

2 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

my cruise was in April, so I'm no longer nervous, but I was really following things when they grounded those Max 8 planes.  That was right around the time when I was preparing for my cruise, and when I looked up my flight, it was originally scheduled for a Max 8.  Luckily, when they started doing all the cancellations, my flight wasn't one of them.  We got a new plane assigned and had to re-pick our seats

my flight from NYC/MIA was cancelled, so AA put us on an earlier flight, 6:29am,  but coming back, since the Sky docked by 7am and our flights home was 6pm, I  called premium air and got the flight changed to 2pm.   I also was able to select my own seats on both flights!   I also saw something on the news recently about AA anticipating problems this summer with flights/cancellations.  That made me nervous to fly them at this time.

22 hours ago, VPMJ said:

Not true, it isn't likely ticketed. Our flights have been showing for a couple of weeks. I called today and they won't be ticketed until end of this week or early next.

Call and see what you get. NCL does say you can have up to one connection, so don't get mad a the rep if the answer is no.

Edited by Nola26

15 hours ago, VPMJ said:

Glad you got it figured out! We have kids with us so American opened preferred seating at no charge( no perks, just closer to the front LOL) and moved us together after I called. 

I m glad you worked this out. I wouldn't want to be separated from my kids either especially if they were younger than teens. As for not being next to my spouse, that really wouldn't be a huge concern. Maybe that domes from years of flying and many years on this earth. I prefer to sit with him, but never would I come unglued if we were not together. Of course our daughters both worked for airlines and we used to fly on passes. We never questioned where we were sitting as long as we got on the same flight. We were just happy to be flying at a reduced rate. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 4:24 PM, zqvol said:

Try hotelsbyday.com  that is the best way to go IMO, you get a comfortable place to rest, a pool to use and don't have to worry about baggage, etc.

Great suggestion; I've never heard of this. I will check it out. Thanks!