Blu for some but not all people traveling in group

FLOTR

On 7/9/2019 at 12:58 PM, FLOTR said:

I will be traveling with my family of 12 on the Millennium next year. We are first timers to Celebrity but not cruising. We have 4 Aqua class cabins and 2 inside. It is my understanding that the 4 people in the inside cabins will not be able to dine with us in Blu. Dinner is a big deal for us and we enjoy talking to each other about our day. When we booked Aqua we were unfamiliar with the difference between this and a regular balcony. After I found out that the balcony dividers do not open I was seriously considering finding another cruise but not being able to dine together may be the deciding factor. Is there an easy way to ensure that all 12 of us will be able to dine together? We really do not care if it is in Blu or MDR. Thanks!

Aqua cabins dine at BLU

Insides at MDR

The benefit of Aqua is BLU.. really you are best to change to a less expensive balcony and get dining together...

Insides cannot dine at BLU. In fact Suites can only dine at BLU "space permitted" between MaitreDs of each (Blu and Luminae) working it out.

On 7/9/2019 at 3:24 PM, Lady Arwen said:

Really, the only reason to book Aqua Class is to be able to dine in Blu.  The other "perks" are meaningless.  Save yourselves some big cash and change to standard balconies and you can all dine together in the MDR.

Maybe any other perks are meaningless to YOU but not to everyone.

13 hours ago, FLOTR said:

Just an update - The 2 cabins that were inside were changed to Aqua. The consensus of the group was that we will enjoy use of the PG and Blu and the overhang on the cabins is good because my dad cannot tolerate sun. We will have to live with the dividers not opening and will just speak to each other through them. Also, the ship is pretty full and we could not find a better option. That being said, after researching, it looks like we will not be able to get a big table for all 12 but we understand that. We are hoping to be in the same area when seated and will probably change around tablemates from day to day.

So pleased you have resolved your issues and can now look forward to a fantastic family cruise!

I do think the Celebrity web site could highlight/warn more clearly the problems of groups being in different cabin categories. It doesn’t help that some TAs aren’t too clear about the problems either and can wrongly advise. We have met up with couples in Michael’s that have been told their none suite friends could join them for suite dining because they ‘were on the same booking’. It is great you spotted the issue pre cruise so you had the option to change.

I like your ‘changing table mates’ idea to a big table...You will get to spend some quality time with everyone! I must add the only unpleasant experience we have had in Luminae was one evening when a family of 10 was seated on one joined table....They were a really nice family, we had met and chatted with some of them in Michael’s. However, the acoustics of these smaller dining rooms simply can not cope with group chatter...the volume of the group talk (no one shouting, just talking across each other) was enough to change the whole experience. I do understand why the dining venues are reluctant to put big tables together.

Once again, sincere best wishes for a great cruise!

Edited by chemmo

Great to hear you are all now in Aqua Class.

Speak to the Maitre D' and let him/her know about your group and it's likely you'll be accommodated...they want to make you happy.  You will also have breakfast in the Blu...but not lunch.  There will be a letter from the Maitre D' in your cabin showing your designated time for dinner for the first night.  Your group may have different designated times assigned for the first night...no worries, just let them know you want to be together and want to show up the same time.

Things we love about our most recent Aqua Class cabin (Solstice): Upgraded linen/sheets, upgraded toiletries, a pillow menu, sparkling wine, and the rain shower head....our favorite was the 6 extra jets coming from the shower wall...nice.

Persian Garden: Love the aromatherapy dry sauna...it cleared my nose like Vick's vaporub. ☺️  The heated tile loungers are nice...except when someone falls asleep and starts snoring....not saying who it was.

Not sure if it's good or bad for you....but the Persian Garden is coed.

Note: If you or anyone in your group are Diamond or above on Royal Caribbean, contact Celebrity and let them know.  Reciprocal for Diamonds and above is Elite on Celebrity.  Call Celebrity, they'll give you a new Captain Club number, and enjoy all the perks.  Happy Sailing! 😎

9 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Great to hear you are all now in Aqua Class.

Speak to the Maitre D' and let him/her know about your group and it's likely you'll be accommodated...they want to make you happy.  You will also have breakfast in the Blu...but not lunch.  There will be a letter from the Maitre D' in your cabin showing your designated time for dinner for the first night.  Your group may have different designated times assigned for the first night...no worries, just let them know you want to be together and want to show up the same time.

Things we love about our most recent Aqua Class cabin (Solstice): Upgraded linen/sheets, upgraded toiletries, a pillow menu, sparkling wine, and the rain shower head....our favorite was the 6 extra jets coming from the shower wall...nice.

Persian Garden: Love the aromatherapy dry sauna...it cleared my nose like Vick's vaporub. ☺️  The heated tile loungers are nice...except when someone falls asleep and starts snoring....not saying who it was.

Not sure if it's good or bad for you....but the Persian Garden is coed.

Note: If you or anyone in your group are Diamond or above on Royal Caribbean, contact Celebrity and let them know.  Reciprocal for Diamonds and above is Elite on Celebrity.  Call Celebrity, they'll give you a new Captain Club number, and enjoy all the perks.  Happy Sailing! 😎

Great advice - Thanks!