Almost Live: Maasdam - Seattle to Sydney 2019

Btimmer

HAL could do a better job of providing information and guidance about port stops  is the conclusion I have reluctantly come to.   Perhaps it is best to just look at the cruise as pleasant transportation, bed and board provided, to various ports.    The website provides next to no information about how to travel independently at each location, whether shuttle buses will be provided, how far out of town the ship docks, etc.   There doesn't appear to be any HAL excursions listed as I had noticed previously;  perhaps they are sold out.     They might consider providing a link to Whats in Port if they don't want to provide information themselves.

Once I decided it was all up to me and not to expect much from HAL in the way of guidance and information I could proceed from that.    If it is their intention to surprise me and provide a wealth of assistance by way of presentations once on board, it would be helpful it that was written with the cruise description.   I don't know, however,  if I could feel secure that the information would not be about their own excursions or recommended shopping stops.   

Wait until you read the Kochi blog from today.

Fortunately for the Japanese ports there is a lot of good online information and we have the ship's internet plus internet if our own when in port.  Each of the ports have had excellent maps and helpful TI people.

I am skilled at planning excursions so it's not too much of a problem for me.

7883A7B9-EA0E-4972-9D7B-2846489EBC91.thumb.jpeg.aa24f49f99a66d8d214ac9248f4e33d6.jpeg

Sochi castle

Tomorrow Lance is giving two talks tomorrow on our next port of Kanazawa.

• Like 1

Tim, your day in Kochi brought back good memories.  Thanks.

Sorry to hear that you have lost a good friend.  Life is indeed fragile.

It is surprising that this EXC In-Depth cruise has stopped providing port talks.

Are any old familiar names from January and February still aboard??

Barbara

Lance is the CD & Travel Director.  We have 4 EXC presenters now on board none of whom were on our FLL Cruise .  The Captain and HD are the same as the FLL Cruise.  Our wine steward, Marlon is on board as well.

• Like 1