1st time on Carnival few questions.

Baddabing

Just booked a real quick 4 night Bahamas cruise. I was curious if it is worth it to have the bottle water ordered ahead of time to the room. And is it worth the additional expense to pay for the bubbles package so my wife can drink her soda while on board. I will be bringing 2 bottles of wine 12 cans of soda and 12 cans of club soda. Just looking for info from past cruisers. 

26 minutes ago, Baddabing said:

Just booked a real quick 4 night Bahamas cruise. I was curious if it is worth it to have the bottle water ordered ahead of time to the room. And is it worth the additional expense to pay for the bubbles package so my wife can drink her soda while on board. I will be bringing 2 bottles of wine 12 cans of soda and 12 cans of club soda. Just looking for info from past cruisers. 

I think it would depend on how much soda she drinks.  That's a lot of soda to carry onboard for a 4 day cruise combined with bottomless bubbles, I usually do one or the other.  If I bring on soda I don't buy the package,  and if I buy the package I don't bother with carrying on any.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Baddabing said:

You can order the water once onboard if you decide you still want it- the price doesn’t change. We just got off a Southern Caribbean on the Horizon last Sunday and did not order water, or purchase Cheers or Bubbles for our family of 6 (2 in a separate stateroom). We also did not bring any water or soda onboard. I brought 3 bottles of wine onboard (someone from another stateroom who doesn’t drink wine brought a bottle onboard for me), but I brought two of those bottles home. My husband and I spent about $400 on alcohol. My one son would have drank soda all week, but he was content to drink water and lemonade and honestly- I was worried about dehydration. My daughter doesn’t drink soda. We purchased and brought onboard these 32 ounce Hydro Cell insulated bottles from Amazon- excellent purchase! Next time I’ll purchase the 64 ounce one to fill and keep cold in the fridge. The 32 ouncer came with the lid as pictured that has a very functional straw, and also a screw top stainless lid. The strap cost extra, but was very handy and made even a full water bottle seem lightweight when carried on the arm- freeing the hand. I would fill 3/4 with ice at Lido and then water. Kept it cold for hours- the water would be gone before it ever went warm. We took them to all the ports too. I actually didn’t think the water in Lido tasted bad at all. That said, everyone has a different preference for water. 

84F70B20-27D6-4C5A-8F5A-EF8AFB36A56B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And I would agree with the above poster- one or the other. Please remember that dehydration is a valid concern. All soda and no water or other diuretic beverages  combined with intense heat and activity is not good. Not to imply that you don’t know this! My husband actually didn’t get off the ship in Aruba due to sun and heat exposure 😥 

I wanted to add that 2-3 times I purchased a gingerale- $2.95 each! Worth it at the time, but definitely more cost effective to bring onboard 🙂

Edited by lensonlife
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If splitting the 24 cans,  are you happy with 3 cans of soda each per day? If your wife drank one to two more purchased through the ship per day she would come in under the drink package. But if she wants a third purchased drink then I would say that it is worth purchasing. You could use the cans off the ship if you took a soft cooler to keep them cold or just use those while in your room, and use the package the rest of the time on the ship. As far as bottled water,  if you want it already in your room you can order it ahead.  It's worth it to me because I drink lots of water and it's easily accessible keeping bottles in the room. Have a great time!

• Thanks 1

I think you would have to drink four sodas or more a day for it to be worth paying for the soda package.  If she plans on drinking less than four on the ship, then it appears she would be better off paying as she goes.  My husband gets the soda package and I have stopped getting it because I don't drink that much soda.  I am fine with drinking water and the free tea.

Carnival's price for water is very inexpensive. It's around $4.50 for a 12-pack of 16.9 fluid oz. bottles. I have purchased this ahead of time for many of my Carnival cruises.

I carry on a 6-pack of coke, and refill the bottles from the sink.  Place them in the fridge and have plenty of water anytime you need it.  On longer cruises I might buy the water a package, but not the short cruise, no need.

• Thanks 1

No need to BUY water...the ship's water is as good or better than what is in bottles.  Honestly...it's clean and it's water.  It's all your body needs.  It will need to be chilled from the tap, either ice or put it in the fridge.  The same water is in your food, ice and beverages!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We always take 7 day cruises, so 24 cans of soda don't really last for us.
I always get the Bottomless Bubbles, wife doesn't

What I like about the package is that it gives you a variety of sodas, instead of just one.
It also includes club soda, tonic water and ginger ale (in case you get the rumbly tummy)

I like to grab a glass about half filled with Root Beer, fill it with soft serve and make my own root beer floats.
Great for sipping on while watching the Dive In movie and eating popcorn!

And it includes a variety of juices as well:
Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice, Tomato Juice, Pineapple Juice, Grapefruit Juice 
Normally the juices are only available for free at breakfast or brunch, so it is nice to be able to grab a refreshing grapefruit juice or healthy tomato juice whenever I want.

If those are things that might be appealing, then it would be worth it to have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dicecatt said:

I think it would depend on how much soda she drinks.  That's a lot of soda to carry onboard for a 4 day cruise combined with bottomless bubbles, I usually do one or the other.  If I bring on soda I don't buy the package,  and if I buy the package I don't bother with carrying on any.  

Soda and juices. I’ll have 2-3 cranberry juices a day. I think the package is worth it. 

• Thanks 1

For the price (less than $5 a case), I found the water to be a good value. We balanced drinking the waters and our own sodas over the 7 day period and felt like it was a good move. I personally wouldn't purchase a bubbles package if you're going to bring your own soda. Bring a stainless steel or temperature control tumbler and take it with you to meals, prefilled. That's what we did and it worked out fine. 

1 hour ago, Chervil said:

I like to grab a glass about half filled with Root Beer, fill it with soft serve and make my own root beer floats.
Great for sipping on while watching the Dive In movie and eating popcorn!

What a great tip!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lensonlife said:

You can order the water once onboard if you decide you still want it- the price doesn’t change. We just got off a Southern Caribbean on the Horizon last Sunday and did not order water, or purchase Cheers or Bubbles for our family of 6 (2 in a separate stateroom). We also did not bring any water or soda onboard. I brought 3 bottles of wine onboard (someone from another stateroom who doesn’t drink wine brought a bottle onboard for me), but I brought two of those bottles home. My husband and I spent about $400 on alcohol. My one son would have drank soda all week, but he was content to drink water and lemonade and honestly- I was worried about dehydration. My daughter doesn’t drink soda. We purchased and brought onboard these 32 ounce Hydro Cell insulated bottles from Amazon- excellent purchase! Next time I’ll purchase the 64 ounce one to fill and keep cold in the fridge. The 32 ouncer came with the lid as pictured that has a very functional straw, and also a screw top stainless lid. The strap cost extra, but was very handy and made even a full water bottle seem lightweight when carried on the arm- freeing the hand. I would fill 3/4 with ice at Lido and then water. Kept it cold for hours- the water would be gone before it ever went warm. We took them to all the ports too. I actually didn’t think the water in Lido tasted bad at all. That said, everyone has a different preference for water. 

84F70B20-27D6-4C5A-8F5A-EF8AFB36A56B.jpeg

I have a balcony room on the 5th floor. Is there a fridge in there rooms? 

8 hours ago, Baddabing said:

Are you allowed to bring a stainless steel container to the dinners?

Yes you are.  You can also bring your sodas from your cabin or a mixed drink.  To the OP, if you run out of the sodas you bring onboard, you can also buy more at the ports you stop at and bring them onboard.  

9 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

Yes you are.  You can also bring your sodas from your cabin or a mixed drink.  To the OP, if you run out of the sodas you bring onboard, you can also buy more at the ports you stop at and bring them onboard.  

Can we bring

N a can of soda or do we have to put it in a cup?

19 hours ago, Baddabing said:

I have a balcony room on the 5th floor. Is there a fridge in there rooms? 

Yes! I had previously read that the fridges did not stay very cold due to poor ventilation- they are enclosed in a cabinet. I propped the cabinet door open (obviously not the fridge door), and our fridge kept our water and my wine very cold. 

28 minutes ago, lensonlife said:

Yes! I had previously read that the fridges did not stay very cold due to poor ventilation- they are enclosed in a cabinet. I propped the cabinet door open (obviously not the fridge door), and our fridge kept our water and my wine very cold. 

I just got off the phone with Carnival and Unfortunately we will not have a fridge in our room. I guess I'll bring some soft coolers.

1 minute ago, Baddabing said:

I just got off the phone with Carnival and Unfortunately we will not have a fridge in our room. I guess I'll bring some soft coolers.

Ack! I hadn’t even taken into consideration ship. 😥

25 minutes ago, Baddabing said:

what ship? which cabin type?

Edited by coevan

On 7/13/2019 at 7:22 PM, Richjoxyz said:

I carry on a 6-pack of coke, and refill the bottles from the sink.  Place them in the fridge and have plenty of water anytime you need it.  On longer cruises I might buy the water a package, but not the short cruise, no need.

Not any more you don't.  You cannot carry bottles of anything onto the ship.

On 7/13/2019 at 7:22 PM, Richjoxyz said:

Are you saying you refill carry on Coke bottles?  You can no longer carry on bottled drinks, cans only.  I am not aware of a water package.  Are you talking about water delivered to your room?