Do nude cruises have the same cruise director?

Lottacruises

2 hours ago, purplephenom said:

I have a question- does the kids club staff just get off for this cruise, or are they assigned to other duties?  It's not important, just simple curiosity.  

It is hard to say for sure what they do with the Kid Club staff.  The areas are either empty or re-purposed.  So know way to know if a crew member doing something else was in the kid clubs the previous cruise.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

Logistically, it's hard for any of the crew just to get off the ship for two weeks.

They need hotels, transportation, food etc... All of which they get for free if they stay onboard.  Now those that are coincidentally going on vacation immediately after that, they may choose to take a couple of extra weeks.

They make accommodations.  Often crew will swap with another Carnival ship in their homeport in FLA on the same day.  None of the crew is compelled to work on the C/O cruise.  Carnival makes a LOT of money on a full ship charter and do whatever it takes to make it work.

27 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Do non CO people sail on these cruises?  I know the cruise line likes to sail with a full ship.  I can't imagine several thousand CO people wanting to cruise at the same time.

You can only book this cruise through the Charter organizer, Bare Necessities.  Carnival charters the whole ship for a set fee and is not involved with selling the cabins.

These cruises ALWAYS sell out months before sailing.

2 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

You can only book this cruise through the Charter organizer, Bare Necessities.  Carnival charters the whole ship for a set fee and is not involved with selling the cabins.

These cruises ALWAYS sell out months before sailing.

Who knew?  Thank you. 

33 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Who knew?  Thank you. 

Its how all chartered cruises work. Sometimes celebrities or music promoters do it as well (i.e. Impractical Jokers cruise, Rock Boat cruise, Sail Across the Sun cruise, etc). The rooms are generally quite a bit more expensive

• Like 1

Chances are my wife and I would not do a CO cruise, but we have been to resorts where they had sections that were CO. We spent eight days at Sandals Negril and women could go topless. Gasp! We knew the resort was this way and if we were uncomfortable we would have chosen a different resort. Had a great time by the way.
I just don't get why some need to be upset (or strongly opinionated), not your thing? Move on, no need to be negative because you are uncomfortable. And of course, don't go on a trip where you will be uncomfortable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

Chances are my wife and I would not do a CO cruise, but we have been to resorts where they had sections that were CO. We spent eight days at Sandals Negril and women could go topless. Gasp! We knew the resort was this way and if we were uncomfortable we would have chosen a different resort. Had a great time by the way.
I just don't get why some need to be upset (or strongly opinionated), not your thing? Move on, no need to be negative because you are uncomfortable. And of course, don't go on a trip where you will be uncomfortable.

You do understand this is a discussion forum.....people tend to discuss different points of view on forums,

I find It astounding and some what amusing that now aday's those that choose to live on the fringes of society are exalted as normal....

• Like 1

I find this fascinating! I had NO idea there was a nude cruise! Hey, whatever floats their boat! You only live once. And I honestly probably stand more of a chance catching something from cross contamination at the buffet- or touching the lever to fill an ice cream cone. 

Edited by lensonlife
  • Like 2

On 7/15/2019 at 8:04 PM, ecarbine said:

In 2013 my wife and I sailed on the Carnival Freedom on the very first sailing after the" Big Naked Boat" cruise. My wife's entire carry on bag was filled with Clorox wipes and Lysol.

When we got to our room we found what may or may not have been a skid mark on the couch! My Honey went crazy with the wipes and Lysol!!!

On EVERY cruise people are nude in their stateroom!

• Like 1

We have done 5 nude cruises and another booked. A few things about nudists;

We pack a lot, on the Carnival Legend in2009 it was announced that they handled the most luggage ever on this cruise. Many play dress up.

The crew love us. We don't complain and tip better that other cruisers. We are a happy group.

Yes we sit on towels, but when your nude you make sure you are fresh and clean. We don't have to undress to take a shower so we take them often all day.

Yes it costs more but its worth it. Lots of extras brought on board. Also we find that on every cruise we will meet a dozen or more people from previous cruises that we know by face if not name.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, jimdalva said:

We have done 5 nude cruises and another booked. A few things about nudists;

We pack a lot, on the Carnival Legend in2009 it was announced that they handled the most luggage ever on this cruise. Many play dress up.

The crew love us. We don't complain and tip better that other cruisers. We are a happy group.

Yes we sit on towels, but when your nude you make sure you are fresh and clean. We don't have to undress to take a shower so we take them often all day.

Yes it costs more but its worth it. Lots of extras brought on board. Also we find that on every cruise we will meet a dozen or more people from previous cruises that we know by face if not name.

Thanks for adding your voice to the conversation!

See you on the Legend in February!

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 3:37 PM, bambidrummer said:

If you read about this up coming cruise clothing is required in the MDR.  As for the cruise director he will be jumping from Miracle to this cruise.  He is a great CD. Frankie "The Tank"

Boop!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/15/2019 at 8:04 PM, ecarbine said:

In 2013 my wife and I sailed on the Carnival Freedom on the very first sailing after the" Big Naked Boat" cruise. My wife's entire carry on bag was filled with Clorox wipes and Lysol.

When we got to our room we found what may or may not have been a skid mark on the couch! My Honey went crazy with the wipes and Lysol!!!

I find this funny because do you think only people on clothing optional cruises sit on the couch naked or sleep in the bed naked?!! I think this is more common than you realize.

Pat

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jimdalva said:

Not true, we pack a lot. My wife has a suite case just for shoes.

That is interesting.  Shoes.....  I guess you still need shoes.  And rum runners.  LOL

21 minutes ago, quickrate said:

I find this funny because do you think only people on clothing optional cruises sit on the couch naked or sleep in the bed naked?!! I think this is more common than you realize.

Pat

I was not speaking hypothetically, I was recounting actual events in response to someones assertion that the ship would be sterilized top to bottom after a nude cruise.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:43 PM, Lottacruises said:

Thanks!! Yes, this is what I was looking for. Do they do the same deck parties, hairy chest, etc???

Also, for those that can't look away, look at this amazing itinerary!

IMG_20190715_123605.png

And I thought you were going to make a funny joke about the way Florida looks on this map!  :classic_biggrin:

I have been on 2 BN cruises and scheduled to go again in Feb.

We are not nudists by anyone's definition.  We went on our first one as kind of a dare to each other. We were surprised by the different atmosphere and how much fun we had. 

So many fun people of all ages, races, professions, backgrounds.  

They have the same comedians, floor shows, trivia games, etc as a regular Carnival cruise.

Clothing optional means no judgment - A lot of people wear just a sarong/wrap (men and women).  

There are some extra theme nights to dress up which are really fun.  

If other people's nudity doesn't bother you, try it - you may find that the relaxed atmosphere and fun folks and no kids is just what you need for a real vacation.

Yes it is more expensive than a regular Carnival cruise.  But not twice as much.  You get some extras for the cost - more activities, extra bands, and did we mention no kids?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2019 at 7:53 PM, bethtex said:

I have been on 2 BN cruises and scheduled to go again in Feb.

We are not nudists by anyone's definition.  We went on our first one as kind of a dare to each other. We were surprised by the different atmosphere and how much fun we had. 

So many fun people of all ages, races, professions, backgrounds.  

They have the same comedians, floor shows, trivia games, etc as a regular Carnival cruise.

Clothing optional means no judgment - A lot of people wear just a sarong/wrap (men and women).  

There are some extra theme nights to dress up which are really fun.  

If other people's nudity doesn't bother you, try it - you may find that the relaxed atmosphere and fun folks and no kids is just what you need for a real vacation.

Yes it is more expensive than a regular Carnival cruise.  But not twice as much.  You get some extras for the cost - more activities, extra bands, and did we mention no kids?  

I can't fathom a ship with absolutely no kids on board.  Dare to dream......lol