Princess balcony upgrade while onboard

fdcruisers

Mini suites are normally sold out. If there are any available mini or full suites available close to the sailing date they are offered pre-cruise as upsells, and sometimes upgrades through your T.A.. Almost every Princess cruise I have been on there was a sign at passenger services stating fully booked. If by chance there is a cabin available it will be at full fare. 

12 minutes ago, fdcruisers said:

Has anyone asked Princess for a balcony or minisuite upgrade once they were onboard? If yes what was the price?

I have done this on Norwegian right after we arrived on the ship and the balcony upgrade was $250.

If this tells you anything there is a sign glued to the Passenger Services Desk counter that says

"we are sailing full".

• Haha 1

I've tried twice before saying about no you cabin upgrade but every time I say lights always a full sailing. Nowadays they just send emails out for up sales I feel like you're slowly doing away with the upgrade fairy which I've had the lovely pleasure of having several times in the past.

Remember that almost every ship is full, Princess will almost give the cruise away to Interline agents the closer to sailing time. You can currently sail on the Golden 7 nights to Alaska for $276 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Well, that's not completely true.  It's happened to me before.  It's been a while, but I got an upgrade at the pier in FLL

However a wild guess I would venture to say your cabin was upgraded prior to your arrival at the pier.

Princess reps at the terminal check in have no such power.

Furthermore I was referring to the OP's question about if one asked for an upgrade onboard during a cruise.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, antsp said:

Remember that almost every ship is full, Princess will almost give the cruise away to Interline agents the closer to sailing time. You can currently sail on the Golden 7 nights to Alaska for $276 

Sorry, but what is a Interline Agent?

1 hour ago, cruiseblues2013 said:

Sorry, but what is a Interline Agent?

People who work for airlines and other specific employees can get greatly discounted fares. Passengers booking an Interline fare aren't eligible to get shareholder or military benefits and the cruises don't count toward Captains Circle status.

7 hours ago, antsp said:

Almost correct, you don’t get obc but you do get cruise credits 

I was going by what the terms and conditions for the Captain's Circle state on the Princess website: "Eligible cruises exclude reduced rate fares, such as 'Friends and Family,' affiliate, travel agent, and journalist fares, other promotional fares or sailings as Princess may designate from time to time in its sole discretion, and cruises booked through the Special Bookings Desk."

18 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

However a wild guess I would venture to say your cabin was upgraded prior to your arrival at the pier.

Princess reps at the terminal check in have no such power.

That is correct because there is no way that the agents doing the check-in have no way of knowing whether there are any available rooms or not.  In fact, even if the ship was sold out if there are cruisers who have missed getting on the ship for one reason or another there may not be any staterooms available for upgrades/upsells since some of those who missed the sailing may be able to join the ship at the first port and thus be using their originally assigned staterooms.

Tom