Happy wanted to share ;-)

nimiq

On 7/18/2019 at 2:02 PM, miched said:

It looks as if you are in Canada.  Don’t know the laws there but it may be worth looking into and applying for any credentials that are needed to avoid any last minute rush or disappointment

happy cruising. 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Well you really are the cheerful person on this thread. Not even a positive "wonderful" or anything.🙄

Phil 

On 7/17/2019 at 5:42 PM, nimiq said:

We have booked Celebrity Equinox for November with my mom (87). She finally said yes to come not only on here first cruise but her first trip ever.

We are so happy for her and of course for us that will have the opportunity to spend all this precious time with her.

sea ya

Eric 

What sailing are you on in November?  We are sailing the 9th and I’d love to meet you and your mom. 

Have a great time!  We had the joy of sailing with my husband's mom and two aunts until they were well into their 80's and those are some of our fondest memories.  They also really enjoyed it.

On the practical side, agree about checking into health or evacuation insurance.  Don't know how Canada insurance works but here in the US our Medicare does not cover outside of the US so we have to get both health insurance as well as emergency transport insurance.  Better to have it and not need it than the other way around.  

On 7/17/2019 at 6:59 PM, CruiserMickey said:

Have a wonderful cruise! I am going on a cruise with my mom in two weeks. We have both cruised before, but never as travel companions.

That should be fun happy cruising 😉

• Haha 1

On 7/17/2019 at 7:26 PM, Host Anne said:

Hi Eric ~ that's AWESOME!  We have convinced (I think) my father-in-law to join us on his first cruise with us on Equinox in November.  He's still a little hesitant but we're hopeful he'll stick with it and join us.  I am positive he'll love it and have  fantastic time.

ENJOY!  Maybe we'll see you onboard.

It took me more than 40 cruises to convince my mom to come with us lol. Hope your father-in-law will give in as well. We are on the November 16th sailing. 

Eric

On 7/18/2019 at 6:30 AM, poffles said:

It really is exciting to convince others to cruise for first time, especially family.  I paid for my parents to go on a cruise few years ago now (along with me and a friend) and my father was a bit of a hard sell.  As all of us here know how that story typically ends ... they LOVED it and have sailed a 'few' times since.  🙂  My father kept envisioning being stuck on a boat and could not imagine the appeal but boy was he surprised.

Have a wonderful trip!

We have been telling her this for many many years that this is the type of vacation she would like but like your father she was scared of being stuck on a boat doing nothing and on on. My only regret will be after this cruise I’m sure she will say she should of listen to us while my dad was alive and do it then. The good thing is it’s never to late.

sea ya 

Eric

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 11:50 PM, cachouonacruise said:

Hi Nimiq,

We are also from the greater Montreal area and I would like to congratulate you for creating this opportunity to cruise with your mom and wish you have fun on the cruise. Who knows, she may end up enjoying it so much to want to go back! 

How cool as I thought I was the only Quebecer on this site. Thanks for the kind word and when your next cruise ? 

Merci

Eric

5 hours ago, nimiq said:

How cool as I thought I was the only Quebecer on this site. Thanks for the kind word and when your next cruise ? 

Merci

Eric

Hi Eric,

As you can see from the previous post also from our province, although we’re not a large group, there are quite a few of us from the Belle Province. 

In answer to your question, our next cruise is booked for March 2020 on Millenium in Asia. If things all work out, it will be our first experience in that part of the world. 

On 7/17/2019 at 4:42 PM, nimiq said:

We have booked Celebrity Equinox for November with my mom (87). She finally said yes to come not only on here first cruise but her first trip ever.

We are so happy for her and of course for us that will have the opportunity to spend all this precious time with her.

Wishing you all a wonderful cruise.

Just a suggestion -- if she has any mobility problems, it may be a good idea to rent a scooter for her as it could greatly enhance her enjoyment of the cruise.

The ship is large, and many people with mobility problems have missed out on activities they would have enjoyed because it required too much effort for them to walk all the way to one end of the ship or the other.

Eric  --

Wishing you & Mom a Fantabulous Trip!!!  In 2000 my sisters & I took Mom on her one & only cruise...  She LOVED it & we all have special memories of that trip together.  Now that I think of it - it's the only cruise any of us have taken together...  Mom, 4 of the sisters & my 10-month old nephew. 

Now that I'm thinking of it - I believe we should plan a family reunion... 

None of the spouses/significant others were with us & we were missing one sister & my brother... 

Sorry - got a little off track  --  Happy Cruising...

Edited by Von & John

Eric, I hope you have a wonderful trip with your mom.  I realize you are a very experienced cruiser, but I thought I'd pass along what I've learned from traveling with my now 88-year old father. My sister and I have cruised with him a handful of times the past few years, with or without our families.  We find that he really enjoys private excursions.  Big groups are difficult for him; he either stresses trying to keep up, or misses out trying to view sights through bus windows.  Private excursions, although of course more expensive, allow us to tailor the time to his interests, and to pace according to his needs.

Enjoy your time together!