Drink Menu - Beverage Package

Cruisingirl2012

I have seen menus in the bars, you may have to ask as they aren’t always on every table. A search of these boards should turn up sone.  I search yesterday for dining room menus for the Edge and found them.

The drinks you will find in menus are “special” drinks....designed to part you from your money.  You will not find a menu of standard drinks....you have to ask if it’s on your drink plan.

Interesting to read on the Celebrity drink list that a service charge of 20% is added to each drink.  I thought that was part of the drink package when it is purchased (or a perk).  So every time I order a wine for $9, $1.80 is put on my account?  We recently had the drink package on a Princess cruise and no service fee was added after purchasing the package.

Edited by Scottygirl1

1 minute ago, Scottygirl1 said:

Interesting to read that a service charge of 20% is added to each drink.  I thought that was part of the drink package when it is purchased (or a perk).  So every time I order a wine for $9, $1.80 is put on my account?  We recently had the drink package on a Princess cruise and no service fee was added after purchasing the package.

It is not added on your account if you are on a drink pkg, already factored into the cost.  The 20% will be added to each drink if not in pkg or the difference of a drink, for example classic takes up 9.  If you order a drink for 12.  You would pay 3 x1.2=3.60

• Like 1

When you purchase a beverage package the 20% is added to the cost.  So the Classic is $59 per day if you purchase it you will be charged $70.80 per day, $59 +$11.80 gratuity.

If you receive the package as a perk then the gratuities are included, not extra.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

It is not added on your account if you are on a drink pkg, already factored into the cost.  The 20% will be added to each drink if not in pkg or the difference of a drink, for example classic takes up 9.  If you order a drink for 12.  You would pay 3 x1.2=3.60

If you read the conditions of the drink packages it states the following.  How else can this be interpreted?

149206334_ScreenShot2019-07-19at8_23_04AM.png.6e3ed1da0ae0309c720c4448441556c2.png

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

When you purchase a beverage package the 20% is added to the cost.  So the Classic is $59 per day if you purchase it you will be charged $70.80 per day, $59 +$11.80 gratuity.

If you receive the package as a perk then the gratuities are included, not extra.

I sure hope that is the case!  Thanks 🙂

You won’t be getting a check if the price of your drink falls within your package.

you only get a bill to sign if you go over the price point of your package, or order full bottles of wine, or have room service beverages other than the included coffee, tea, milk, etc.

It is also interesting that on my cruise page there is no mention that I have the drink package.  You'd think that when I look at the drinks page it would say "already included" or something like that.  It will actually allow me to buy it again.  The only way I know I've got the package is in some tiny wording on my original invoice that says "BEVOBC".  

Edited by Scottygirl1