Platinum Onboard Perks

dvcmember

I finally made it to Platinum and I have heard a few things about a special location for cocktails and snacks from Platinum, Elite and Suite guests.  I will be on the Caribbean Princess 16-day voyage to Greenland and Canada next month.  It would be nice to enjoy a special area for cocktails and snacks.

Does a special cocktail hour exist for Platinum guests.  Reduced drink prices would be nice.

Thanks for the advice.

• Like 1

Yes. The PES cocktail hour is on all ships. There is a limited menu of reduced price drinks and some munchies. The drink offerings were changed a while back and, in the opinion of many, is not as good as it used to be. If we go I order the Moscow Mule. You will also receive free Internet minutes for being Platinum. (This is the same benefit as Elite.) For your 16 day voyage you will receive 250 free Internet minutes. Everybody in the cabin who is Platinum will each receive the free minutes.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations!

You will get a little card in your stateroom stating the location, dates (usually daily) and times--and menu of the snacks each night.  The location will vary depending how many elites on board.

Not guaranteed you can watch scenery as the location varies depending how many elite and platinums are on board.. When I was on one with half the ship being platinum or elite, it was in a big room with few windows.  When on a short California coast cruise  on the Ruby with few elites it was in Skywalkers--few people and great views.

Agree the special drinks not what they used to be, but they are a reduced price.

On 7/19/2019 at 8:35 PM, Thrak said:

Yes. The PES cocktail hour is on all ships. There is a limited menu of reduced price drinks and some munchies. The drink offerings were changed a while back and, in the opinion of many, is not as good as it used to be. If we go I order the Moscow Mule. You will also receive free Internet minutes for being Platinum. (This is the same benefit as Elite.) For your 16 day voyage you will receive 250 free Internet minutes. Everybody in the cabin who is Platinum will each receive the free minutes.

It was not available on the Regal on our recent Baltic cruise. We normally have a card in our room and nothing on this cruise.

On a recent thread on the Caribbean Princess a few people did not get the card for time and place of the happy hour, but they went to guest services and it was quickly given to them.  My DH likes the first night snacks that generally has the chips and fresh guacamole.  Don't know if that helps, but  if you don't have a card in your room ask guest services.

The 250 free minutes  is really nice- DH and I will both have the minutes in our 14 day cruise coming up I don't think we will use up all the minutes. 

We were on the CB in Dec., the PES gathering was in Skywalkers. A fantastic spot with windows all around, on Sky deck.  You have a 360 degree view from the uppermost and aft part of the ship.  Enjoy! 

7 hours ago, SeaDays4Us said:

I am platinum and I will be travelling with my daughter. Will she be able to come with me to the lounge. I understand she is not entitled to cheaper drinks.

I don't know of official rules regarding guests. In practice, it's been a long time since we have seen anyone stationed at the entrance checking CC status. I suppose if the lounge isn't completely packed, it would be ok to have a guest. Probably ok to purchase your guest a drink as well. The reduced prices aren't anything to write home about.

6 hours ago, TravelingEA said:

It was not available on the Regal on our recent Baltic cruise. We normally have a card in our room and nothing on this cruise.

Huh?  We just took that cruise in early June and it was held very night except the one that has the Captain's Circle reception.  I suspect Stewart forgot to give you the card.

48 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Huh?  We just took that cruise in early June and it was held very night except the one that has the Captain's Circle reception.  I suspect Stewart forgot to give you the card.

Same here in May. I did take a non-platinum guest which was not a problem. They were probably happy to have the business. I rarely find those events busy with perhaps 1/2 dozen tables filled at most with the possible exception of Skywalkers. People always seem to gravitate up there.

14 hours ago, SeaDays4Us said:

I am platinum and I will be travelling with my daughter. Will she be able to come with me to the lounge. I understand she is not entitled to cheaper drinks.

She can order whatever you order.  Maybe you would have to give your card?  Not sure about that.  When my daughter and I cruised together (her first Princess cruise) I just put her folio charges on my account.  
Not related to PES question, but she got a free specialty dinner and a $50 spa gift card for her Birthday which we celebrated on that cruise!

11 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

I don't know of official rules regarding guests. In practice, it's been a long time since we have seen anyone stationed at the entrance checking CC status. I suppose if the lounge isn't completely packed, it would be ok to have a guest. Probably ok to purchase your guest a drink as well. The reduced prices aren't anything to write home about.

Thanks for the reply

4 hours ago, suzyed said:

She can order whatever you order.  Maybe you would have to give your card?  Not sure about that.  When my daughter and I cruised together (her first Princess cruise) I just put her folio charges on my account.  
Not related to PES question, but she got a free specialty dinner and a $50 spa gift card for her Birthday which we celebrated on that cruise!

Thanks for the info