Carnival Fascination and San Juan

Cookson

Boy it’s going to be interesting what Carnival does with its upcoming sailing(tomorrow?) in San Juan.

This is different than cruises visiting San Juan  because for the Fascination it’s its home port where people end and begin their cruise.

I go on this cruise in September. I think everything should be resolved by then, but still concerning. I respect the protests, but hopefully people can also enjoy their vacation that cruise OUT of there.

I just wonder what Carnival will do.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cookson said:

Boy it’s going to be interesting what Carnival does with its upcoming sailing(tomorrow?) in San Juan.

This is different than cruises visiting San Juan  because for the Fascination it’s its home port where people end and begin their cruise.

I go on this cruise in September. I think everything should be resolved by then, but still concerning. I respect the protests, but hopefully people can also enjoy their vacation that cruise OUT of there.

I just wonder what Carnival will do.

I guess we will find out today.

And for your sake, I hope you are not being overly optimistic that this will be over by September.

25 minutes ago, evandbob said:

Looks like a taxi from the airport to the cruise port would not go by the Governor's house, where the latest protests at night where taking place.

No it wouldn't. La Forteleza is located in old San Juan -- kind of between port and el morro on the left as you go up hill.. Would be no reason for cab to go anywhere near there

Edited by Host Carolyn

15 minutes ago, Cookson said:

When we’re there in September we’ll be staying at the Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado for a night before cruise. Based on where protests are now, should we be ok there?

Your hotel is approximately 3 miles from where the protests are taking place.  A taxi would not need to pass by the area near the Governor's house to get to the port from Condado. If in September the protests are still taking place, just stay in the area of your hotel and do not venture into OSJ if you are worried about your safety. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TTUMatador said:

It was fine! I took this sailing and the governor resigned last week. The protests had turned into street dancing parties when we docked this past Sunday at the end of our cruise.

Good to hear. It's is great that everything worked out for you, and for the people of Puerto Rico.