FLL Early Flight

1 hour ago, blackshirt said:

That must mean no lines at TSA. Murphy’s Law says if you plan on that, there will be at least a 45 minute wait to get through TSA. 😊

Or it could mean the OP had access to priority security lines.  I can't speak for all terminals at FLL, I know Terminal 2 has a PreCheck line and also a Clear line.  I have both, so generally walk straight on through security there.

We flew back home from FLL yesterday.    We were on Symphony and disembarked in Miami.       We were group 38, left the ship about 8:20am.   Grabbed a porter once off.   At the UBER station by 8:35am.    In the UBER at 8:45.   At FLL by 9:30.  

Our 2nd time disembarking in Miami and flying out of Miami.   Have gotten to FLL by 9:30 am each time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

That's amazing, no lines for self-assist?

No lines for self assist.

No lines at passport control

No lines for taxi

No lines at AA counter

Short line at TSA Pre-Check

7 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

We usually do self assist and will on this. Not taking the chance of them mis-locating our luggage and spending minutes/hours looking for it. Thanks again for the info.

Good point.  We had #1 tags once and were held up for an hour because one of our bags had not been sorted corrrectly and came off the ship late.

On 7/21/2019 at 7:49 AM, klfrodo said:

Just an FYI. Your mileage my vary.

self carry luggage

Allure of The Seas

left the cabin at 7:30AM

sitting in Terminal 3 Gate 5 by 8AM

What time did you arrive at the self-assist line? 

I've never seen a self assist line on Oasis class after 6:45 or so.  That's generally when the line has already disembarked. 7:30, I'd definitely expect no line. Just walk off. 

On 7/21/2019 at 10:54 AM, cruisegal40 said:

This is good to know was we will be attempting an 11:20 flight in September.  Keeping fingers crossed.

Absolutely NO problem with a flight after 11am.  No need to even cross your fingers.

You'll have time to sit and eat breakfast, do some shopping, plus read a week's worth of emails before even boarding your plane.

I have been very fortunate with doing self-assist on Allure and Harmony, both from Ft Lauderdale.  We have been in line by 6:15-6:30 and off the ship with no delays.

We have had no problems with customs/immigration and were outside getting into a cab by 6:45 and at the airport by 7AM.  My flights have been 8:30 and 9:30.  

I realize I was taking a chance booking flight that early, but I do have Pre-check and I did have a backup plan if I missed my flight.  I just didn't want to sit in an airport all day while my traveling companion/companions went on her/their way.

I do admit I was nervous about the 8:30 flight, but it worked out in my favor.  Would I do that again?  I'm not sure, but if it meant either 8:30 or 5PM. I might have to try the 8:30 again.  

By the way, not that anyone cares, but we did not go to breakfast before debarkation.  I had a 2or 3 hour layover in BWI, so it was a good place to have breakfast.

19 hours ago, katiel53 said:

I have been very fortunate with doing self-assist on Allure and Harmony, both from Ft Lauderdale.  We have been in line by 6:15-6:30 and off the ship with no delays.

We have had no problems with customs/immigration and were outside getting into a cab by 6:45 and at the airport by 7AM.  My flights have been 8:30 and 9:30.  

I realize I was taking a chance booking flight that early, but I do have Pre-check and I did have a backup plan if I missed my flight.  I just didn't want to sit in an airport all day while my traveling companion/companions went on her/their way.

I do admit I was nervous about the 8:30 flight, but it worked out in my favor.  Would I do that again?  I'm not sure, but if it meant either 8:30 or 5PM. I might have to try the 8:30 again.  

By the way, not that anyone cares, but we did not go to breakfast before debarkation.  I had a 2or 3 hour layover in BWI, so it was a good place to have breakfast.

You are my hero/heroin.  We usually take later flights, but  this became available.  So I jumped on it.