Where To Find The Resident Cruise Discounts?

jetsfan58

The very few times I have seen resident discounts offered they have been past final payment date, for guarantee cabins only, meaning you choose a cabin category, but not a specific cabin.  And rarely has the discount been more than $10-20 per person.

Booking early, soon after an itinerary is announced, has resulted in booking at the lowest prices, in my experience.  If you are looking to book close to sailing date and are willing to accept a guarantee, just check often for sailings from ports that interest you.

Happy sailing.

As the last poster mentioned, you select what state you live in when going thru the booking process. I have played around with selecting different states, including Florida where I live. The cruise prices have always been the same no matter what state I select. 

• Like 1

I saw an offer in 2016 or 2017 for Louisiana and Georgia residents for cruises out of New Orleans.  I don't remember the eligible dates or if you were able to choose your room.

My mom got a large postcard in the mail about two weeks ago, despite me disabling that for her, that had a Louisiana resident offer for cruises out of New Orleans.  I was able to apply it to a cruise in January 2021.

Edited by Tiger0613

On a Carnival roll call, we were once told by a Massachusetts resident that she had just got a discount for her state. I looked and NY state did not have the discount, but it was not a total waste because I did learn that they had added a senior citizen discount that we did qualify for.