second thoughts on BW balcony

29 minutes ago, motheroftwocats814 said:

I think so..I am having one of those days. LOL!

Had last cabin on deck 12 BW and loved it.  Fun noise does not bother me.  Neighbors baking dogs do.

Enjoy it while you can.  I love being in one of the last three BW rooms and watching the shows and movies from my balcony.  However, that will end next year when the Allure has a 10 year drydock.  Starting with the 3rd Oasis ship, there are large purple slide tubes that block almost 70% of the view from my favorite rooms.  I found out the hard way when I went on the Harmony and walked out on the balcony and discovered most of the view is blocked.  The Oasis will get those tubes this year and the Allure will get them nest year.

• Like 1

I've had a Boardwalk and a Central Park view balcony on Allure.  I loved them both.  I think we were the 5th or 6th cabin from the back on the Boardwalk.  It had a great view.  The only thing that might be annoying in the bell that rings every time the carousel starts.  The Central Park balcony was especially nice in the evenings.  There was usually some kind of live music in the park. 

Level 10 should be a nice view of the shows from the rear BW balconies.

The Big Purple Slide ("Abyss" for the less cynical of us) shouldn't block much (if any) of the view of the Aqua Theater from the rear 3-5 balconies.

We had a deck 8 next to last port side BW balcony on Harmony with no blockage. The only thing we could not see easily was the far port side of the stage due to its angle of alignment to the balcony. We had the same room on Symphony and were obstructed some by a rolled up screen wall that they fly out during Hiro that spans across the BW at the level 8 balcony level. We are on deck 9 opposite side on Symphony in November and should be less blocked by the set piece then.

19 hours ago, Snit13 said:

Don't pick on a super senior.  My fingers occasionally hit wrong keys.  Could I bake the barking dogs?  

Probably not, you might get some push back from some.

But if you want to bake the owners of said barking dogs.........

Didn't have a Boardwalk, but I just got off a cruise on a CP balcony.  It wasn't that great.  It's fun to hear the music at night, but as others said, you don't get much breeze in there.  Boardwalk is more open and seems to be more lively so that might be a fun choice. 

"The Big Purple Slide ("Abyss" for the less cynical of us) shouldn't block much (if any) of the view of the Aqua Theater from the rear 3-5 balconies."

mooseman52b states that it "shouldn't" block much, but it does.  I have been on the Oasis and Allure 12 times in those first three BW cabins.  When I got on the Harmony in one of those cabins, over half the view is blocked.  You can NOT see all the diving boards and you can NOT see all of the movie screen.  I still sat on the balcony and watched the shows, but you can not see everything.