Fresh off the Bliss 7/14 - 7/21..our experience

finest14

On 7/30/2019 at 7:20 AM, Harleysparents said:

Booked on this cruise aug 15- how was your weather and temps overall?  We are struggling with what to pack- shorts or jeans and sweaters?

We had chilly, rainy weather.  A few weeks before Alaska had record highs so you never know.  We live in Hawaii so my definition of chilly is skewed a bit. As many people on these boards have said about Alaska...layers!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2019 at 4:41 PM, tokidoki said:

welcome  back!   Just wondered if the Bliss like some other ships has a room to drop off some carry-on luggage?  thx

No, you just have to keep your carry on's until the cabins are available.

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review. I was wondering if the slides would be open and it seems from your review that they are. Can you make reservations for laser tag and the racetrack before boarding or does it have to be done as soon as you embark?

14 hours ago, SF said:

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review. I was wondering if the slides would be open and it seems from your review that they are. Can you make reservations for laser tag and the racetrack before boarding or does it have to be done as soon as you embark?

Slides were open a lot of times and a few people were using them...but they were shivering!  You have to make racetrack/laser tag reservations when you board.

On 7/23/2019 at 8:45 PM, finest14 said:

Some notes…

We did spend a bit of time in the Observation Lounge and it’s a beautiful space.  Great for Alaska, of course.  It was usually crowded but we tended to go later in the evening and were able to find seating.  Have a bar and (usually) some small bites which was great.

We saw the Beatles tribute band twice.  Once in the Cavern Club (get there 45 minutes early) and once in the main theater.  They played different sets and were really good.  Also enjoyed the band Siglo many times, the piano duet, and the solo piano player.  All were great to listen to over drinks.

Never tried the pool or slides…way too cold for me.  But, there were die hards out there having a great time.  It was fun to watch people get stuck on the looping slide!  We didn’t try everything, but happy to answer any questions based on my experiences.

Thanks for a nice review and I love your beautiful pictures. It made me want to go back to Alaska on a cruise. 

• 6 months later...
On 8/15/2019 at 11:17 AM, finest14 said:

Slides were open a lot of times and a few people were using them...but they were shivering!  You have to make racetrack/laser tag reservations when you board.

Thank you for such a wonderful and detailed review!

Did you notice if they were playing in baseball games on the tv's?

30 minutes ago, choover2576 said:

Actually did not notice. Sorry!

51 minutes ago, choover2576 said:

Highly doubtful right now since it's not baseball season yet.  They won't show spring camp games.

5 minutes ago, hallux said:

They didn't even show the World Series, I doubt they'll show regular season games when there are so many more of them to pick from.

Oh darn!  I suspected that might be the case. I've watched a number of videos of the ship and it seems like they are always playing soccer!? We are baseball fans.  I could never get hubby on a ship if they weren't playing the World Series.

Thanks for the replies!