Sleeping under the buffet

tkline

So, on our next cruise we are going to be in a sky suite on deck 12 of the reflection, which is directly under the buffet. There weren't any sky suites left on any other decks, usually we like to have rooms above and below. Just wondering, will it be noisy? We like to sleep in unless we have an excursion or something to get up early for. We've been told it's not very fun having a room under the top/pool decks because you can hear the crew dragging around and arranging all of the chars in the morning. Will it be noisy if we're sleeping under the buffet?

It really depends on what is immediately above your stateroom and how sensitive you are to noise.  Generally, if you are under a carpeted area, you are less likely to hear anything.  Being under the pool deck would be noisier.  

Did you check the S-Class cabin spreadsheet for your room?  Look at the pinned topics at the top of this forum for it.  If someone has stayed in your room, they may have made a report about their experience.

Oh, didn't know such a thing existed. Just checked it and sure enough there's 1 review for our cabin, and they complained about the buffet noise 😞

We are still planning on keeping an eye open for other cabins to open up, maybe once we reach the cuttoff where you don't get your full deposit refunded people will start dropping out

2 hours ago, tkline said:

We are still planning on keeping an eye open for other cabins to open up, maybe once we reach the cuttoff where you don't get your full deposit refunded people will start dropping out

I would check every day or two.  People add and drop rooms all the time and a quick phone call can nab it for you.  

If you booked directly with Celebrity, you might also just call and ask.  It could be that there is inventory available that only they can see.  If you booked with a TA, call them.

We have only booked Aqua once, and worried about the noise above on the pool deck.  At the time there were a fair number of cabins to pick.  So after studying the layout above us, I picked a cabin that had the hair salon above...how noisy could that possibly be, right?

Every morning, oh dark early, BUMP! BUMP! BANG! BUMP!  The seemingly endless parade of towel carts and who knows what other carts woke me every single morning...through earplugs.

Lesson learned.  😬. Good luck.  Hope you end up with something quiet.

Joanie.

We had this exact kind of suite once.  We couldn't figure out what the banging noise was that started every morning at 5:30am.  I finally went up and watched above our room and it turned out the buffet crew were pulling out wheeled carts, but they were pulling them over a small ledge in the door which was causing the wheels to bang.  They were doing this while putting out the breakfast food.

I wouldn't get that room again and it made us become really particular about where our rooms are located.  The room was an accessible Sky Suite so it was very nice otherwise and had a ton of room.  We got, kind of, used to the bumping and it only happened for around 1/2 an hour every morning.  Fortunately, we got a great upgrade cost to get the room so we couldn't complain too much.

That doesn't mean your's will be the same deal.  We were specifically under the kitchen refrigerator space.

Tom

Hope you can change, but if you can't I recommend these ear plugs. They are for Xtreme protection and they definitely do that. In my profession, I often work late into the night and need to sleep some during the day. We are redoing a bathroom and I slept like a baby today, despite the hammering and circular saw noise above me, which is probably louder than the buffet.  My only fear is that the house will burn down around me and I will sleep right though. 😉

image.png.342fdc9cf8d66e932fbf7a8eed7e5b1d.png

Good news! We noticed another sky suite suddenly opened up at the very back of the ship and we were able to switch for no extra cost since it was the same S2 category. We prefer the back too, it's fun watching stuff as we pull away. We're also going to keep an eye out to see if one of the S1's on the back corners open up later, but we're happy for now, or for the back on deck 11. Looking at the deck plan, it's just gonna be tables above us so hopefully we should be good now.

• Like 2

While we did have a real problem in AQ,  a couple of times, under the gym and pool deck, but not in a sky suite with the buffet above.  Typically our cabins were close the the beginning of the deck to mid deck on deck 12.  We get up early so even a little noise from vacuuming or a moving chair wasn't a big deal at all.  No noise in the middle of the night.   Not a fan of the S1 in the back of the ship.  Soot, Sun and in the cabin support poles that were placed,  so you could walk into them if accessing the bathroom at night.  

Enjoy!

Edited by Cruise a holic

15 hours ago, G.M.T. said:

Never heard about someone sleeping under the buffet.

Dear MiL often sleeps under the bar.🍹

Heehee... that was my first thought when I saw the title of this thread. 😉

• Like 2