Zeebrugge to Bruges

jojo49

Join the roll call for your cruise and see what others are planning.  Here is the board in Ports of Call mentioned by the above poster:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/148-british-isleswestern-europe/

You have been a member here for 5 years.  Perhaps it's time to browse the boards page and discover the many resources available here.  EM

We went to Bruges from Zeebruges in May.  We did it independently; took a free shuttle which left us off at a place that was selling bus rides to Bruges--I think for $15pp round trip. 

The bus stopped in a parking lot near the river.  The walk into town from there was 15 minutes or so and was very easy and scenic.  We walked all around the very picturesque, busy downtown area, had a delicious Belgian waffle and then back to catch the bus back.  Be sure to notice the times to catch the bus, (about every hour) especially the last bus back.

It was an enjoyable day; we did not feel we needed a ship tour, but then we rarely, if ever, take ship tours.

We took the train - it was very easy to DIY. From port, we took the shuttle to the port gate & walked to the tram stop - took the coastal tram to Blankenberge train station (many ships offer a shuttle directly to the train station).  Train reached Bruges in about 20 minutes and was 3 one way (5.10 r/t). Tram is 2.

Info on coastal tram here: https://shorebee.com/en/belgium/blankenberge/from-zeebrugge-cruise-port-to-blankenberge/tram

We took a taxi which dropped us in the market palace as didn't fancy pushing a wheelchair too far on cobbles. Agreed a time and he picked us up for the return journey. Taxis were waiting at the dock gates, all same price, take the one at the end of the line. 

I am on a Baltic Cruise in August with a stop in Zeebrugge and have researched this to death as I’m a DIYer. It is cheapest to take a tram to the train station but timing is an issue. Walking to the tram stop, walking to the train station and waiting for the connections. There’s a company called Cruise Express which will shuttle people from port arrival till noon. The cost is 20€ per person round trip and runs every half hour. A taxi is about 60€ each way so 120+€ round trip. I’ve decided to take the prebooked Cruise Express option after reading about hoards of people waiting for taxis and the tram. 

This probably what we took and the price might have been 20 pp rather than 15.  We didn't pre-book, but it all worked out fine.  I know the tram/train is cheaper but a lot more complicated to get to and use compared to getting off the free port shuttlel, walking into the cruise bus station and getting on the bus.