Embarrassed as all get-out to ask, but . . .

2 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Oh I got it, as I was the one who suggested this originally. You had credited the wrong poster.  

Ooops! My apologies. Sorry I credited the wrong person. No gold star for me today.😢

I head the wrong way at least once every cruise.  We usually book rooms either at the front or back of the ship. I keep it straight in my head knowing that the buffet and comedy show are at the back and the theater is at the front. 

I figured the lido deck would be easy on my last cruise.  We relaxed on loungers near the pool for the first couple of days and it was great having access to our cabin without using stairs.  But we decided to use the loungers on deck 11 later because they were more comfortable. When I headed back to our cabin, I got all of the way to the end of the ship before realizing I was on deck 11.

17 hours ago, quickrate said:

Thank you for that tip! I'm always headed the wrong direction, even after 33 times on Carnival!! Now, if I can just remember which way increases and which way decrease!!😂

Just like reading a book. You start at the front--page one--and end at the back--page 1+++++

• Like 1

I've been on two cruises (third is coming up quick). On my first cruise, we were on the starboard side, aft of the lift. Second cruise, port side, forward of the lift.

On the first cruise, I always went directly to the stateroom, without fail or misdirection. I cannot tell you how many times on the second cruise I turned the wrong direction both entering the passageway upon leave the lift and leaving the stateroom.

On 7/29/2019 at 8:28 PM, Butterbean1000 said:

I love the idea of the forward facing fish on the carpet.   I wish Carnival would do something like that. 

But there is always the rebellious fish that swims against the tide and has his own drink named after him on NCL.

Carnival could easily have their own version using whale tails.

11 hours ago, Countrygurl said:

Seven cruises in and I still spend half of my time wondering around lost and the other half is waiting for elevators, lol  I don't let it stress me.  I just enjoy.

Hope you know how to work the elevators on the Vista Class ships....

Just wait until you have been having a great time at an all inclusive beach excursion, Then waited in a tender line for 40 minutes. Finally you get back on the ship with only one priority in mind. 

Those fish swimming in one direction on NCL ships are a life saver. 

On Splendor I was not a happy camper when I realized I was going in the wrong direction.

If there are banks of elevators facing each other, with exits on both sides, I can walk the wrong way after getting conditioned on turning from the other bank.  I may walk towards the port side when I want starboard instead.  Might take several trips to get the turn to the correct side down.

While I do appreciate the fish in the NCL corriders (esp. the red one going the opposite way!), checking the cabin #'s is an easy way to tell if I am walking towards the bow or aft.

No, I am not embarrassed when I turn the wrong way from an elevator. In fact, I have a horrible sense of direction  and do it all the time.

I'll tell you what wrong turn did embarrass me. Our very first cruise was on our 25th anniversary and I knew my art teacher wife would truly enjoy the Western Mediterranean. And we got off in Livorno to take the train to Florence, AND I GOT US ON THE TRAIN GOING THE WRONG WAY. Luckily DW figured it out, and we got back. We did not get to Florence, though we at least had the time to be able to go to Pisa.

Ten years later for our 35th anniversary we did another Western Mediterranean cruise. This time we paid extra to do a ship "Florence on Your Own" excursion. DW booked online prior to the cruise timed tickets to the major museums. We had a wonderful time.