Penthouse suite on Riviera

Thameside

Can you help please. We are booked in a penthouse suite on Riviera for  cruise in January. I understand that the ship came out of a refit in May this year but there seem to be very conflicting reports as to what was done with regard to staterooms. Have the penthouse suites been refurbished, including new carpets and soft furnishings or not and has anybody, who has recently been on the ship, have any pictures of the refurbed rooms. I would appreciate your input, thanks. We are new to Oceania after many happy years with Azamara and Seabourn.

Hello Thameside,

We sailed on Riviera in May just after drydock.  According to the crew most of what has already been stated regarding drydock was confirmed.  All carpeting throughout the ship was replaced with the same pattern as before.  Grand Dining Room chairs received new upholstery.  The most noticeable change was in Baristas.  This area was expanded into the Oceania @ Sea space.  All new tile and finishes with more seating areas.  Otherwise, at first glance she looked familiar.  

FWIW Marina & Riviera have upholstery shops onboard carrying fabrics for the furniture in all the public areas.  (Not sure about the R ships)  Soiled pieces are removed from service and reupholstered onboard every day as needed.  Would that major hotels had the same.  

Enjoy your cruise!

Katie

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thameside said:

Can you help please. We are booked in a penthouse suite on Riviera for  cruise in January. I understand that the ship came out of a refit in May this year but there seem to be very conflicting reports as to what was done with regard to staterooms. Have the penthouse suites been refurbished, including new carpets and soft furnishings or not and has anybody, who has recently been on the ship, have any pictures of the refurbed rooms. I would appreciate your input, thanks. We are new to Oceania after many happy years with Azamara and Seabourn.

Google is your friend:

Riviera’s 200 Concierge and 244 Veranda staterooms along with the 124 Penthouse Suites radiate a stylish new air inspired by the better-than-new Insignia and Sirena. Retaining the warmth and charm they’re renowned for, the lustrous wenge walnut paneling and upholstered headboards are now offset with tones of Espresso, Caramel, and Ivory in the new carpeting and fabrics.

IMG_9661.JPG

Thank you for your reply Katie. 

Thank you Flatbush, I have seen this picture and the words associated to it on many websites and it is all information released by Oceania. If it was the case and it looked like this, that's great but unfortunately other reports suggest that it is not and that carpets and fabrics are the same and have not been renewed. Even a call to Oceania this morning did not resolve this, after investigating the representative thought that carpets had not been changed but she said that the sales team would email details and pictures. I expect I will get the same as above, but you never know.

9 minutes ago, Thameside said:

Thank you for your reply Katie. 

Thank you Flatbush, I have seen this picture and the words associated to it on many websites and it is all information released by Oceania. If it was the case and it looked like this, that's great but unfortunately other reports suggest that it is not and that carpets and fabrics are the same and have not been renewed. Even a call to Oceania this morning did not resolve this, after investigating the representative thought that carpets had not been changed but she said that the sales team would email details and pictures. I expect I will get the same as above, but you never know.

We'll be on Riviera starting the end of August (Southampton to NYC). So, we shall see.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Thameside said:

Even a call to Oceania this morning did not resolve this, after investigating the representative thought that carpets had not been changed but she said that the sales team would email details and pictures. I expect I will get the same as above, but you never know.

There is a thread here with videos from Riviera:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2683471-cruise-video-riviera/

While I didn’t watch THIS video as yet, the same poster had another recent thread with extensive video from Riviera.

Perhaps viewing those two videos might give you the answer?

1 hour ago, Paulchili said:

While I didn’t watch THIS video as yet, the same poster had another recent thread with extensive video from Riviera.

these videos  were before the refurb

There were some photos posted on the new Barrista  area in another thread   but have not seen any of the  cabins

1 hour ago, Paulchili said:

Nice video but does not answer the question of the OP.  This is not a PH in the video, but a regular stateroom.  Good try.  Thanks    

5 hours ago, KatieBelle said:

Hello Thameside,

We sailed on Riviera in May just after drydock.  According to the crew most of what has already been stated regarding drydock was confirmed.  All carpeting throughout the ship was replaced with the same pattern as before.  Grand Dining Room chairs received new upholstery.  The most noticeable change was in Baristas.  This area was expanded into the Oceania @ Sea space.  All new tile and finishes with more seating areas.  Otherwise, at first glance she looked familiar.  

FWIW Marina & Riviera have upholstery shops onboard carrying fabrics for the furniture in all the public areas.  (Not sure about the R ships)  Soiled pieces are removed from service and reupholstered onboard every day as needed.  Would that major hotels had the same.  

Enjoy your cruise!

Katie

Hotels, major or not, have the opportunity to "send out" furnishings for repair, or to replace/exchange with one of a few "backups" in local storage. (Whether they do so on a regular basis is a separate question.)

In one "top top" hotel, we got up unusually early on several mornings and had coffee in a favorite lounge area.  We were surprised to see every single morning, a staff member with some small cans of paint touching up the (painted, obviously, with white and faux gilded coloring) wooden legs or arms of chairs in in various public areas on the main floor.  Weekend, weekday, it didn't matter...

(Don't ask about the $$$$$ of that hotel; it was our honeymoon and we truly splurged [we married late in life, so this wasn't ages ago].) 

I have no doubt they also swapped out chairs as needed.

GC

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

these videos  were before the refurb

There were some photos posted on the new Barrista  area in another thread   but have not seen any of the  cabins

ALL carpets THROUGHOUT Riviera were replaced in the drydock.  They will not look any different in photos.  Most upholstery was replaced with the same fabrics.  The only area that will look different in photos is Baristas.  There were rumors that the Owners Suites were redecorated but that is above my pay grade.  All in all Riviera was beautiful and in excellent condition in May.  I cannot say what might have happened to her in the last 2 months.  However, Oceania is not known for deferred maintenance.  

7 minutes ago, KatieBelle said:

ALL carpets THROUGHOUT Riviera were replaced in the drydock.  They will not look any different in photos.  Most upholstery was replaced with the same fabrics.  The only area that will look different in photos is Baristas.  There were rumors that the Owners Suites were redecorated but that is above my pay grade.  All in all Riviera was beautiful and in excellent condition in May.  I cannot say what might have happened to her in the last 2 months.  However, Oceania is not known for deferred maintenance.  

Your point??

No need to shout at people 🙄

I think the “point” of that post was quite clear. And how was that post a “shout”? Using all caps for the word “throughout” to emphasize it? Really?

Don’t see at all why that post merited such a reprimanding response...

Edited by JPR