Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Any firm bookings for Quantum or Ovation beyond 2021?

Can Q class fit through the Panama Canal, more specifically under the bridge.

Rumours about Anthem going to Galveston to replace Allure due to the terminal delay.

I would have thought that it would make more sense to use Quantum or Ovation and leave Anthem in NJ as they have already released her sailings there for winter 2021 or leave Liberty in Galveston as her winter 2021 itinerary hasn’t been released. 

Victoria. B.C.  had posted through 2023 and are now just showing 2021. Ovation was definitely booked for 2022.

A lot of variables now and assume the offices for port bookings have had layoffs at moment, but do not know. 

12 hours ago, OHCruisinDad said:

The port schedules posted above were likely from port reservations requests filed months or even a year ago

Hawaii only releases actual standing bookings and if there is a change or cancellation it is moved or removed. I found the Quantum , Victoria B.C. bookings just a couple of months prior to the release by RCI. I would say these bookings are updated as of February.   

Anything posted on this thread is always subject to change. RCI adapt and re-deploy with great frequency now. 

8 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

If RCI are stuck they can always sail a ship from Dublin, Ireland since Celebrity already sails from there in the Summer. And not to be totally selfish, it means I dont have to get a flight to board a ship! Lol

I agree

They should share. Edinburgh is good for me. Azamara sails a couple times so it can be done

48 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Hawaii only releases actual standing bookings and if there is a change or cancellation it is moved or removed. I found the Quantum , Victoria B.C. bookings just a couple of months prior to the release by RCI. I would say these bookings are updated as of February.   

Anything posted on this thread is always subject to change. RCI adapt and re-deploy with great frequency now. 

Have you noticed any changes in Transatlantics at the end of the year. Only Allure and Jewel in Europe.

Not sure if they will send more over just to send them back. Suppose it depends on how much of a summer season they will get.

It does look like Scandinavia will be the fist out of lockdown.

13 minutes ago, bigeck said:

Have you noticed any changes in Transatlantics at the end of the year. Only Allure and Jewel in Europe.

Not sure if they will send more over just to send them back. Suppose it depends on how much of a summer season they will get.

We still have Brilliance booked for the Baltics and TA out of Amsterdam end of August, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are cancelled.

15 minutes ago, bigeck said:

Anthem has got to have her 5 year maintenance dry dock in Europe this year, they announced a couple of days ago that apparently they still intend on doing cruises out of Southampton at some point this year

31 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

If RCI are stuck they can always sail a ship from Dublin, Ireland since Celebrity already sails from there in the Summer. And not to be totally selfish, it means I dont have to get a flight to board a ship! Lol

I’m certain I heard that Dublin was tired of cruise ships and was not allowing new dates after the already booked sailings.  Apparently the populace didn’t want them, much like Venice.  Pretty sure it was in dons family Vacations on YouTube. 

37 minutes ago, bigeck said:

RCI have cancelled everything at Gibraltar except current Anthem and Jewel sailings from July. 

Amsterdam cancelled all cruises until end of June, but while RCI cancelled the 5th of June call they did not cancel the calls for the 12th and 22nd of June. All other lines have cancelled all cruises for June with the port. 

Riviera Ports has no news for this year but can report for next deployment season the Jewel, Vision, Anthem and INDY are booked for summer of 2022. 

Anthem, Jewel and Brilliance still standing bookings at Le Havre 

1 hour ago, MADflyer said:

RCI have cancelled everything at Gibraltar except current Anthem and Jewel sailings from July. 

Amsterdam cancelled all cruises until end of June, but while RCI cancelled the 5th of June call they did not cancel the calls for the 12th and 22nd of June. All other lines have cancelled all cruises for June with the port. 

Riviera Ports has no news for this year but can report for next deployment season the Jewel, Vision, Anthem and INDY are booked for summer of 2022. 

Anthem, Jewel and Brilliance still standing bookings at Le Havre 

Thanks for the info. I'm booked on Anthem Ta in November.

Flights will play a big part. Just a waiting game for now

I've always said that Royal is missing out by not doing an around Britain cruise like Princess does.

Now Norwegian is putting 3 ships, Bliss, Encore and the new Spirit in Portsmouth.

Just temp. but who knows in future. Southampton says sometimes they can't cope

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22865-portsmouth-marine-terminal-to-host-trio-of-norwegian-ships.html?fbclid=IwAR3c7N5Uhi--0ZWxzhJapIUIB4YEZO4fY4X3D1YGK-P3OkeI5MKiD7aHNPg

Edited by bigeck

18 minutes ago, bigeck said:

I've always said that Royal is missing out by not doing an around Britain cruise like Princess does.

Now Norwegian is putting 3 ships, Bliss, Encore and the new Spirit in Portsmouth.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22865-portsmouth-marine-terminal-to-host-trio-of-norwegian-ships.html?fbclid=IwAR3c7N5Uhi--0ZWxzhJapIUIB4YEZO4fY4X3D1YGK-P3OkeI5MKiD7aHNPg

They are going to Portsmouth, Virgina, not Portsmouth, England.

24 minutes ago, bigeck said:

They are going into cold layup for the near future and this will be much less costly overall for the line. 

4 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Some interesting repatriation plans just announced from RCL. (Via crew center) it includes the likes of Anthem going to India and Freedom, Empress and Majesty going to Southampton.  

I'm thinking Anthem could keep on going and have her drydock in Singapore where Quantum just had hers in Nov. - 25 days from Miami to India, I assume going south, would be an interesting sailing.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bigeck said:

Jewel is doing 2 British Isles cruises in May and July 2021 - although they sail from Amsterdam.

6 hours ago, NancyIL said:

Jewel is doing 2 British Isles cruises in May and July 2021 - although they sail from Amsterdam.

It's not the 12 night round trip that Princess does. They sail from May to October and are close to full each time.

They pass my door in Kinghorn sailing into Queensferry. 

Are there expected changes to the 2021 itineraries due to the write off that is 2020? For example ships changing location to make up for dry dock that can’t happen this year. 

I’m hoping there are some changes to the Mediterranean schedule for 2021 as there’s nothing appealing at the moment and I expect to have FCC to use up.  

11 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Are there expected changes to the 2021 itineraries due to the write off that is 2020? For example ships changing location to make up for dry dock that can’t happen this year. 

I’m hoping there are some changes to the Mediterranean schedule for 2021 as there’s nothing appealing at the moment and I expect to have FCC to use up.  

I’m not sure which ones exactly they would change, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we do see some deployment changes. 

4 hours ago, bigeck said:

It's not the 12 night round trip that Princess does. They sail from May to October and are close to full each time.

They pass my door in Kinghorn sailing into Queensferry. 

Jewel’s two 12-night British Isles cruises in 2021 are round trip from Amsterdam vs. the Crown Princess’s from Southampton. Their itineraries are similar. I enjoyed my June 2010 British Isles cruise on the Crown Princess, and I’m looking forward to my May 2021 British Isles cruise on Jewel: 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/itinerary/12-night-british-isles-from-amsterdam-on-jewel/JW12AMS-2744880285?sail-date=2021-05-28&currency=USD&country=USA&dates_maxDate=07%2F31%2F2021&dates_minDate=05%2F01%2F2021

Edited by NancyIL

12 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

So does anyone think we could see some deployment changes for this year and next? Marella Cruises have already announced a pretty major shake up of itineraries.

Undoubtedly there will be deployment changes at royal.  I don’t get the comparison to a package tour company that runs 5 ships.  Can you explain why the two  entities are comparable? 

1 minute ago, MichellePerth said:

Undoubtedly there will be deployment changes at royal.  I don’t get the comparison to a package tour company that runs 5 ships.  Can you explain why the two  entities are comparable? 

I only used Marella as an example because it’s the first one I’ve seen to make changes to where the ships are supposed to be sailing due to this.  Marella is also part owned by RCL.