Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

41 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I was supposed to be boarding Radiance this coming Tuesday.  😞 This was a birthday present for a landmark birthday for my wife. We have replaced it with a luxury AirBnb on the shore of the warmest lake in Canada.  It's about a 5 hour drive.  We're going the week leading to Memorial Day. We could have gone sooner but the weather just isn't warm enough yet. I plan on replicating my cruise experience as much as possible. I bought a case of Pina Colada mix at Costco and an commercial grade blender. I've got a brand new gravity chair that will double as a lounge that I will set on the deck and overlook the lake.  I'm thinking about going out late at night, clipping a towel to the chair so I can curse chair hogs in morning.  When life give you lemons...

Happy birthday.  You are lucky that you can drive that far.  Restrictions vary around the world. 

I was supposed to be on a turnaround day on jewel today in Barcelona.  I had planned to stock up on ortiz anchovies.  (I suppose if I were to buy 20 tins in todays climate, that would be hoarding) 

I'm glad you were able to get your pina colada mix and that you armed yourself with a good blender.  Maybe give it a trial go tonight and confirm there's nothing else you wish to bring - special glassware, garnishes, etc. Don't forget to get ice. 

🎉🍰💐

On 4/30/2020 at 1:28 PM, MADflyer said:

Looks like they have all 4 ships currently doing Hawaii. They should all be headed to Australia. 

Honolulu bookings

Radiance of the Seas  20 Sept 2021

Ovation of the Seas    28 Sept 2021

Serenade of the Seas  7 Oct  2021

Quantum of the Seas 13 Oct 2021

Of those 4 ships, only the Radiance is listed and open for booking on the Royal travel agent portal to sail Vancouver to Honolulu on September 10, 2021 arriving September 20th.  The fall 2021 transpacific itineraries from Honolulu to Australia were originally supposed to be opened for booking back in March.  The deployment release has been delayed at least twice, most likely due to the issues related to cruising into Australian ports.  The port schedules posted above were likely from port reservations requests filed months or even a year ago, long before the COVID-19 pandemic turned the cruise industry upside down.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I was supposed to be boarding Radiance this coming Tuesday.  😞 This was a birthday present for a landmark birthday for my wife. We have replaced it with a luxury AirBnb on the shore of the warmest lake in Canada.  It's about a 5 hour drive.  We're going the week leading to Memorial Day. We could have gone sooner but the weather just isn't warm enough yet. I plan on replicating my cruise experience as much as possible. I bought a case of Pina Colada mix at Costco and an commercial grade blender. I've got a brand new gravity chair that will double as a lounge that I will set on the deck and overlook the lake.  I'm thinking about going out late at night, clipping a towel to the chair so I can curse chair hogs in morning.  When life give you lemons...

That is an awesome plan!  I can tell by your great attitude and superb planning skills  that you and your wife are going to have a wonderful vacay!

Happy, happy birthday to your wife!  🎉🎂🍹

On 4/30/2020 at 7:28 PM, MADflyer said:

Looks like they have all 4 ships currently doing Hawaii. They should all be headed to Australia. 

Honolulu bookings

Quantum might do some pacific costal cruises before heading over to Hawaii, even for Serenade looks like a bit of a long Alaska season.

On 4/30/2020 at 1:28 PM, MADflyer said:

Honolulu bookings

Any firm bookings for Quantum or Ovation beyond 2021?

Can Q class fit through the Panama Canal, more specifically under the bridge.

Rumours about Anthem going to Galveston to replace Allure due to the terminal delay.

I would have thought that it would make more sense to use Quantum or Ovation and leave Anthem in NJ as they have already released her sailings there for winter 2021 or leave Liberty in Galveston as her winter 2021 itinerary hasn’t been released. 

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Any firm bookings for Quantum or Ovation beyond 2021?

Can Q class fit through the Panama Canal, more specifically under the bridge.

Rumours about Anthem going to Galveston to replace Allure due to the terminal delay.

I would have thought that it would make more sense to use Quantum or Ovation and leave Anthem in NJ as they have already released her sailings there for winter 2021 or leave Liberty in Galveston as her winter 2021 itinerary hasn’t been released. 

The only thing that suggested it could be anthem was the slide from the terminal update.

I would say the only reason they may decide to use Anthem is because there is obviously increasing demand out of Galveston, to warrant an Oasis class, so Quantum would be the next best thing for now. I do agree that surely it would make more logistical sense to just leave Liberty there a bit longer. 

If Anthem go’s there, I’m assuming it will be for Summer of 2022 also?

1 minute ago, Jack McGowan said:

The only thing that suggested it could be anthem was the slide from the terminal update.

I would say the only reason they may decide to use Anthem is because there is obviously increasing demand out of Galveston, to warrant an Oasis class, so Quantum would be the next best thing for now. I do agree that surely it would make more logistical sense to just leave Liberty there a bit longer. 

If Anthem go’s there, I’m assuming it will be for Summer of 2022 also?

I would assume that whatever ship they put there would stay until the terminal was complete and Allure arrived.  Not really an issue for Anthem in the summer as they seem to be bringing an OA class ship to NJ however what would they put in NJ over the winter if Anthem were to leave.  No other cold weather ships on the east coast.  

Perhaps  that slide was just wishful thinking on the part of the port committee with no knowledge of the difficulties that moving the Anthem could create. 

43 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Quantum might do some pacific costal cruises before heading over to Hawaii, even for Serenade looks like a bit of a long Alaska season.

Where would the Quantum be sailing from?

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would assume that whatever ship they put there would stay until the terminal was complete and Allure arrived.  Not really an issue for Anthem in the summer as they seem to be bringing an OA class ship to NJ however what would they put in NJ over the winter if Anthem were to leave.  No other cold weather ships on the east coast.  

Perhaps  that slide was just wishful thinking on the part of the port committee with no knowledge of the difficulties that moving the Anthem could create. 

It’s really what Royal wants and decides, not what port was thinking . If Port is discussing receiving Anthem , which they are , then Royal is one initiating the consideration of Anthem at Terminal #2 . 

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It’s fine for NJ in the summer because at the moment Anthem is the only ship out of the UK for 2020 and 2021. So if that trend continues in 2022 but they want Anthem in Galveston what will be sailing ex UK? I can’t see Allure but obviously could happen, maybe Liberty.

2 minutes ago, ssb said:

It’s really what Royal wants and decides, not what port was thinking . If Port is discussing receiving Anthem , which they are , then Royal is one initiating the consideration of Anthem at Terminal #2 . 

I know these are all rumors, but if they moved Anthem to Galveston, when would that be?  Fall 2020?  Fall 2021?  We have her re-booked for Dec of this year.  And if not running yet out of New Jersey, was hoping to book her later in 2021 or 2022.  

13 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

I know these are all rumors, but if they moved Anthem to Galveston, when would that be?  Fall 2020?  Fall 2021?  We have her re-booked for Dec of this year.  And if not running yet out of New Jersey, was hoping to book her later in 2021 or 2022.  

Liberty Anthem or Allure will be in Galveston November 2021 . It’s all up to Royal to decide where to put ships,  once these past contracts were signed . And Royal already has commitments in contracts with  RCL options for time slots In Galveston at terminal #2 . Economically they will need  to fill those slots .

Edited by ssb

2 minutes ago, ssb said:

Liberty Anthem or Allure will be in Galveston November 2021 . It’s all up to Royal to decide where to put ships once contracts are signed . And Royal already has commitments in contracts with options in Galveston at terminal #2 . Economically they have to fill those slots .

Thanks for clarifying.  So talking fall 2021 and if Anthem moves to Galveston, then guessing it would stay there over spring 2022?  Tough call for Royal as whatever ship they choose, it means cancelling more sailings for existing itinerary.

13 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks for clarifying.  So talking fall 2021 and if Anthem moves to Galveston, then guessing it would stay there over spring 2022?  Tough call for Royal as whatever ship they choose, it means cancelling more sailings for existing itinerary.

Reason :

1. Newer ship for marketplace 

2. Anthem would be better matching 

for terminal handling  passenger capacity 
Anthem 

• 4,180 passengers (double occupancy)[8]
  • 4,905 passengers (maximum occupancy)[8]

Allure 

• 5,484 passengers at double occupancy[3]
  • 6,780 maximum[3]

Anthem  could step into Allures scheduling at RcL nightmare of rebooking 

Edited by ssb
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Very nice lemonade!  My family owned a campsite there while I was growing up.  Happy Birthday to your wife.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for nice weather and no chair hogs.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

It’s fine for NJ in the summer because at the moment Anthem is the only ship out of the UK for 2020 and 2021. So if that trend continues in 2022 but they want Anthem in Galveston what will be sailing ex UK? I can’t see Allure but obviously could happen, maybe Liberty.

Maybe move Indy to the U.K. again? Can’t see Oasis class out of Southampton. The itineraries aren’t warm enough for all that outdoor space.  

6 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Maybe move Indy to the U.K. again? Can’t see Oasis class out of Southampton. The itineraries aren’t warm enough for all that outdoor space.  

Possibly, I suppose if Liberty is doing Caribbean runs (to CocoCay)then Independence could be moved back across. I forgot that a lot of the UK community wouldn’t be happy if they brought Liberty instead of Indy haha

14 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Possibly, I suppose if Liberty is doing Caribbean runs (to CocoCay)then Independence could be moved back across. I forgot that a lot of the UK community wouldn’t be happy if they brought Liberty instead of Indy haha

I don’t understand the fixation with Indy. I would have thought it’d be preferable to have a newer ship in Southampton. 

Just now, Billy Baltic said:

I don’t understand the fixation with Indy. I would have thought it’d be preferable to have a newer ship in Southampton. 

I’m not too sure why, she just seems to be the favourite ship for a lot of Brits! I have no doubt she will be back to the UK at some point - don’t know when though! I suppose if Anthem was here long enough people might feel the same about her. 

If I was to guess another ship that would be coming to the UK if Anthem couldn’t be here I would probably guess at Independence. 

1 hour ago, Jack McGowan said:

Oasis class could sail from the UK and would be popular for the longer 14 night cruises that head for warmer weather in the Med or Canaries but no good for the shorter cold itineraries.  I think that if RC wants to get UK cruisers back cruising again then maybe they should go big (or get Indy back).

It is interesting to see these past few weeks that in between bobbing about in the Irish Sea, Allure has been sailing in and out of Southampton.  RC and Port of Southampton will now have a good picture of the problems and  logistics of moving and docking such a big ship here.

I've sailed Indy, Navigator and Explorer from Southampton and all three are very popular.   I don't dislike Anthem but I'm more than a happy to let Galveston have her 😁

2 minutes ago, livylotte said:

Oasis class could sail from the UK and would be popular for the longer 14 night cruises that head for warmer weather in the Med or Canaries but no good for the shorter cold itineraries.  I think that if RC wants to get UK cruisers back cruising again then maybe they should go big (or get Indy back).

It is interesting to see these past few weeks that in between bobbing about in the Irish Sea, Allure has been sailing in and out of Southampton.  RC and Port of Southampton will now have a good picture of the problems and  logistics of moving and docking such a big ship here.

I've sailed Indy, Navigator and Explorer from Southampton and all three are very popular.   I don't dislike Anthem but I'm more than a happy to let Galveston have her 😁

I would love to see them do that with an oasis class, but without the shorter itineraries or Baltic’s/Norwegian fjords that would probably require a second ship to come here. I don’t know if the UK has the demand to fill an Oasis class and another ship (maybe of Voyager class)? I think the main problem would be wether the terminal in Southampton could handle an Oasis class year round, I guess the only way to find out is to try it 😂.

Baring in mind Icon is now slated to be larger than the Oasis class (based on gross tonnage), it would be interesting if she sailed from Southampton - baring in mind Southampton can do LNG. 

35 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

I would love to see them do that with an oasis class, but without the shorter itineraries or Baltic’s/Norwegian fjords that would probably require a second ship to come here. I don’t know if the UK has the demand to fill an Oasis class and another ship (maybe of Voyager class)? I think the main problem would be wether the terminal in Southampton could handle an Oasis class year round, I guess the only way to find out is to try it 😂.

Baring in mind Icon is now slated to be larger than the Oasis class (based on gross tonnage), it would be interesting if she sailed from Southampton - baring in mind Southampton can do LNG. 

2nd ship?  That's easy.

Brilliance Iceland/Fjords sailing from the UK to replace the one I was supposed to be on from Amsterdam this summer would make my life complete. 

Ha! And I have a solution for Southampton - it's called Liverpool.  It will never ever happen but while I'm dreaming of cruises that will probably never happen I thought I'd throw a new cruise terminal in the mix too.

Seriously though, would they be able to fill 2 ships?  I think that is why they cancelled Indy and will people even be wanting to book cruises after all this anyway.

Bah! now I've depressed myself again ☹️

I'm leaving this to others - there are many, many posters on here that know a hundred times more about what ships are going where than I do.  I have absolutely no idea where cruises are heading. RC HQ must be tearing their hair out right now.

Edited by livylotte

1 minute ago, livylotte said:

2nd ship?  That's easy.

Brilliance Iceland/Fjords sailing from the UK to replace the one I was supposed to be on from Amsterdam this summer would make my life complete. 

Ha! And I have a solution for Southampton - it's called Liverpool.  It will never ever happen but while I'm dreaming of cruises that will probably never happen I thought I'd throw a new cruise terminal in the mix too.

Seriously though, would they be able to fill 2 ships?  I think that is why they cancelled Indy and will people even be wanting to book cruises after all this anyway.

Bah! now I've depressed myself again ☹️

I'm leaving this to others - there are many, many posters on here that know a hundred times more about what ships are going where than I do.  I have absolutely no idea where cruises are heading. RC HQ must be tearing their hair out right now.

You do make a good point - a radiance class ship to do Baltic’s etc from the UK would be a great ship to compliment an Oasis class. Or maybe that’s just wishful thinking from us, lol. 

That’s what I was thinking about with Independence not coming. That being said RCL seemed to be the only ones reducing their presence in the UK, a lot of cruise lines seem to be sending more ships/bigger ones here. See P&O, Princess, MSC for example. 

I guess we will have to wait and see, but I can see there being quite a few deployment changes over the coming years.