Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

23 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

I'm from WA and was cruising about 13-14 times per year.  I had no problem with flying into Sydney. But brisbane. Not so much. I don't like the town.  I even contacted them and asked what would be the story on public transport and got some sort of runaround message.  I want to be able to quickly and reliably get to the port by public transport with one transfer maximum.  Melbourne wouldn't be that great if they started cruising from there, but at least you'd be in Melbourne.  Brisbane. For me, is the least attractive city to cruise out if or spend time in. 

I agree about Brisbane it’s pretty unimpressive.

The new cruise terminal is close to the airport,you shouldn’t have any transport issues.

On 6/12/2020 at 12:20 AM, banzaii said:

Interesting - nothing posted for Ovation and Quantum in October at all. 

Ovation's last Alaska cruise finishes with a rather strange little 3 nighter 17 to 20 September.  Sydney port schedule then shows Ovation at OPT on 16 October which only leaves 26 days for the 2 legs of TP including 1 day lost to crossing international dateline.  We know the Vancouver ==> Honolulu is usually 10 nights and the Honolulu ==> Sydney leg is usually 18 to 19 nights.

Quantum looks like it finishes Alaska season on 27 September ready for Vancouver ==> Honolulu between 27 Sep and 6 or 7 Oct.  Logically this would mean TP leaving Honolulu 7 October and arriving in Sydney OPT 24 October (Assuming Voyager placeholder).

It may be that RCCL is negotiating with OPT to move these arrivals back a few days and that is why they have yet to be posted and also the following cruises which have not yet been published. 

OPT appears to have an available turn-around slot on 20 October which would mean a 7 day itinerary to align with Ovation's next scheduled slot on 27 October.  There appears to be an available turn-around slot on 26 October which fits in well with a 19 day TP for Quantum.  This could then align with the 7 nighter to match up with the 8 night Tasmania cruise from 2 November. 

Interestingly, none of the Voyager bookings align with Quantum itineraries at OPT and rather align with gaps in the ports schedule.  

Voyager, Serenade and Spectrum currently have no itineraries released for November 2021 to April 2022.  There are also a few bookings for Melbourne under both Voyager and Serenade during Nov / Dec (hard to tell if any are turn-around) 

Shouldn't Spectrum be deployed year roun d form China and possibly Wonder would be based in winter from Singapore?

Will be interesting what will happen with Voyager, doesn't look like it will be deployed to Australia going forward.

I wish Royal would make the possibility of doing a B2B2B with Australia with the Great Barrier Reef, NZ, and the South Pacific stops. Celebrity has that available, but oh, the pricing! Especially for me who travels solo, I can't justify the extra cost on Celebrity. And a circumnavigation would be amazing, too!

• Like 4

On 6/14/2020 at 12:24 AM, LXA350 said:

Shouldn't Spectrum be deployed year roun d form China and possibly Wonder would be based in winter from Singapore?

Will be interesting what will happen with Voyager, doesn't look like it will be deployed to Australia going forward.

Spectrum future cruises are from China , Hong Kong (December/ January), China. (Plus Singapore unannounced From Oct 2021.) 

Wonder Of The Seas according to Hong Kong Ports will be based there December 2021 and January 2022. 

2 hours ago, lighthousemom said:

I wish Royal would make the possibility of doing a B2B2B with Australia with the Great Barrier Reef, NZ, and the South Pacific stops. Celebrity has that available, but oh, the pricing! Especially for me who travels solo, I can't justify the extra cost on Celebrity. And a circumnavigation would be amazing, too!

Can understand, only Cruise B3B to B5B and also Solo. Save Fortune in Air Fare doing it that way, and good practice for World Cruise that will be in my Future...

• Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 12:24 AM, LXA350 said:

Yes it is quite interesting which ships have not been deployed as yet.

On 6/14/2020 at 1:40 PM, lighthousemom said:

Australia with the Great Barrier Reef, NZ, and the South Pacific stops sound perfect to me, especially before or after a TP.  How about Top/Bottom end in Spring 2023?  It's highly unlikely I will be on another Celebrity cruise either with no reduced single supplement.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sdsseattle said:

Australia with the Great Barrier Reef, NZ, and the South Pacific stops sound perfect to me, especially before or after a TP.  How about Top/Bottom end in Spring 2023?  It's highly unlikely I will be on another Celebrity cruise either with no reduced single supplement.

Very interesting  Sue

14 hours ago, sdsseattle said:

We just did that in February/March. First the South Pacific islands followed by top/bottem end, which included New Zealand and Tasmania. Great cruising. Some folks were staying on to do a New Zealand cruise after that. Of course, that was the one that was cancelled just after they all boarded.

Edited by RoamingRetirees
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have an update on Voyager of the Seas? It seems like she, along with Grandeur of the Seas, are the only ships who haven't been deployed during summer 2020. I am only really focused on news on Royal Caribbean deploying Voyager of the Seas to Los Angeles.

On 6/16/2020 at 9:09 PM, Jack McGowan said:

Won’t be until September at least, Explorers dry dock is throughout August 

Will b interesting to see if any cruises will still happen in Europe this year, at least with the ships that are there anyway.

6 minutes ago, RoamingRetirees said:

Probably not for anyone from the US unless things change a lot.

True, but then it will also depend in how numbers will develop in Europe over the next month or so with everything opening up. Also, logistically it might be a challenge currently to fully staff the ships with staff from India etc.

6 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

True, but then it will also depend in how numbers will develop in Europe over the next month or so with everything opening up. Also, logistically it might be a challenge currently to fully staff the ships with staff from India etc.

All the crew haven't even made it home yet either.

5 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Anyone have an update on Voyager of the Seas? It seems like she, along with Grandeur of the Seas, are the only ships who haven't been deployed during summer 2020. I am only really focused on news on Royal Caribbean deploying Voyager of the Seas to Los Angeles.

Grandeur sailings have been postponed through 31 October 2020 😞

5 hours ago, Fun2snorkel said:

Esahuma -  are you sure Grandeur is cancelled through Oct 31?  We have an 11 night Oct 29 and I don’t think it was cancelled. I wish it was cancelled so I could get my money back in 6 months!🤣

I did mis-speak  by 2 days - Your cruise on 29 Oct will be the first cruise on Grandeur to sail IF it goes at all this year 😞

Does anyone know what is going on with Jewel from Galveston? It has been reported that Liberty is not having her dey dock and will replace Jewel there.

I am booked on the Jewel TA to Barcelona and it is unclear if 

a) it is cancelled

b) Jewel will sail from somewhere else or

c) Liberty will be sailing to Europe instead. 

Any info would be appreciated.