Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

On 5/3/2020 at 3:38 PM, MichellePerth said:

I’m certain I heard that Dublin was tired of cruise ships and was not allowing new dates after the already booked sailings.  Apparently the populace didn’t want them, much like Venice.  Pretty sure it was in dons family Vacations on YouTube. 

Dublin announced limits on cruises last year, explaining the Celebrity Reflection's move from Dublin to Amsterdam in 2021.https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/dublin-port-defends-decision-to-restrict-cruise-ships-1.3833857

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JimVB said:

Dublin announced limits on cruises last year, explaining the Celebrity Reflection's move from Dublin to Amsterdam in 2021.https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/dublin-port-defends-decision-to-restrict-cruise-ships-1.3833857

We're booked on Celebrity Reflection July 2021...We've cruised out of Dublin before and very happy with the change to Amsterdam, a new port for us.

1 hour ago, Jack McGowan said:

Also, I think it’s very odd RCL are sending Empress and Majesty across to Europe instead of sending one larger ship, could they be about to leave the fleet 🤔

Uh oh.  I was hoping to do Empress to Bermuda next May, recreating the Hamilton/St. Georges itinerary not possible to larger ships

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

We're booked on Celebrity Reflection July 2021...We've cruised out of Dublin before and very happy with the change to Amsterdam, a new port for us.

We are booked on the transatlantic to Amsterdam next April; did the one to Dublin last year.  We'd prefer Dublin, but then our daughter lives there....

3 minutes ago, JimVB said:

Uh oh.  I was hoping to do Empress to Bermuda next May, recreating the Hamilton/St. Georges itinerary not possible to larger ships

That’s what I was thinking 😞 Seems like a very odd choice of ships...

@Ourusualbeach mentioned on a different thread that Royal confirmed on the TA webinar they are coming back to the west coast.  Finally.  No details just a confirmation that a ship is coming.  That brief temporary listing of Voyageur at the port of LA seems to be materializing. 🙂 

On 5/6/2020 at 10:34 AM, Jack McGowan said:

I only used Marella as an example because it’s the first one I’ve seen to make changes to where the ships are supposed to be sailing due to this.  Marella is also part owned by RCL. 

I don’t think Royal has any interest in Marella.  Marella is owned by TUI Group.  Royal and TUI group each have a 50% stake in TUI cruises.  TUI cruises has leased The old Splendour to Marella.

I see on Captain Kate’s IG they are transferring from the Edge (and various other ships) to the Grandeur at CocoCay pier. The crew are then walking through Grandeur and boarding Adventure, lol. This is due to Adventure not having any tender platforms. 

5 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

I see on Captain Kate’s IG they are transferring from the Edge (and various other ships) to the Grandeur at CocoCay pier. The crew are then walking through Grandeur and boarding Adventure, lol. This is due to Adventure not having any tender platforms. 

Like river cruises, which often tie up 2-3 deep along the shore. We have had to walk through/over several other boats to go ashore.

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I don’t think Royal has any interest in Marella.  Marella is owned by TUI Group.  Royal and TUI group each have a 50% stake in TUI cruises.  TUI cruises has leased The old Splendour to Marella.

Haapag Lloyd was even just sold at 50% to Royal Carribean in February. TUI AG held the company and sold it to the joint venture. 

RCL does have a Marine Operations that is over all ships in their fleet including the joint ventures. 

I was talking in Swedish with Patrik Dahlgren the Captain of Oasis at the time and he had just been promoted to the position of VP of Operations of Global Marine Operations. 

His Bio at the Swedish American Chamber of Commerce gives some information about this. I think the headquarters is in Germany together with Miami. 

http://sacc-sfl.org/patrik-dahlgren-at-royal-caribbean/

2 hours ago, MADflyer said:

Haapag Lloyd was even just sold at 50% to Royal Carribean in February. TUI AG held the company and sold it to the joint venture. 

RCL does have a Marine Operations that is over all ships in their fleet including the joint ventures. 

I was talking in Swedish with Patrik Dahlgren the Captain of Oasis at the time and he had just been promoted to the position of VP of Operations of Global Marine Operations. 

His Bio at the Swedish American Chamber of Commerce gives some information about this. I think the headquarters is in Germany together with Miami. 

http://sacc-sfl.org/patrik-dahlgren-at-royal-caribbean/

Thanks for the update 

• 1 month later...

Australian Travel Agent Claims

"The Royal Caribbean Trans Pacific Cruises September 2021 are going on sale this Friday

The cruise ships are Ovation Of The seas' Quantum Of The Seas and Radiance Of the Seas"

I assume Thursday in the USA.

Interestingly No Serenade.

Deployment Flyer still says Coming Soon!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, springaussie said:

"The Royal Caribbean Trans Pacific Cruises September 2021 are going on sale this Friday

The cruise ships are Ovation Of The seas' Quantum Of The Seas and Radiance Of the Seas"

There's currently a 12 night from Singapore to Tokyo in April '21 for Ovation and a 14 night Singapore to Tokyo for Quantum in late March. I don't know whether that's part of the initial planned TP or whether it still fits in to the new TP deployment post corona.

Edited by Ethanol95

3 hours ago, springaussie said:

Springaussie, any news on the AU deployment for 2021/2022?

20 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

Springaussie, any news on the AU deployment for 2021/2022?

Another Travel Agent claims here in Oz.

Quantum, Ovation and Radiance are the 3 RCI ships coming in 21/22. On Thursday 11 June RCI will be opening up the 2021-2022 Australia, New Zealand & South Pacific holidays for sale.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, springaussie said:

I know you can't name TA here but I cannot find your source.  Can you provide key words to search on?

8 hours ago, springaussie said:

Is Serenade due for dry dock in this timeframe?  If so, I assume the work would be done in Singapore.  In this case, Aussie TA's wouldn't mention the repositioning via Asia in a release of Trans Pacific cruises. 

3 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Is Serenade due for dry dock in this timeframe?  If so, I assume the work would be done in Singapore.  In this case, Aussie TA's wouldn't mention the repositioning via Asia in a release of Trans Pacific cruises. 

2 interesting new bookings I discovered a couple of weeks ago for Serenade is Darwin 6 March 2022 and Hong Kong 16 April 2022. Meaning a Singapore dry dock March - April 2022. 

17 hours ago, springaussie said:

2 interesting new bookings I discovered a couple of weeks ago for Serenade is Darwin 6 March 2022 and Hong Kong 16 April 2022. Meaning a Singapore dry dock March - April 2022. 

Good finds.  The fact that those bookings were made quite recently is a pretty good indicator.  

I still think that Serenade will be deployed to Melbourne and they will announce this separately as it is a new home port for the Royal brand.  Serenade still appears in Honolulu port calendar on Oct 7, 2021 and the Celebrity Eclipse turnarounds are still in Melbourne's calendar (first entry on Nov 13, 2021).  With those 2 entries you picked up in Sydney (apparently for charters), it all lines up.  Of course the plan could have changed since these bookings were made.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

I still think that Serenade will be deployed to Melbourne and they will announce this separately as it is a new home port for the Royal brand.

Just checking the 2022/23 port schedule for Melbourne and it is also showing Celebrity Eclipse as a regular turn around visitor.

Also on a side note, Sydney Ports before been taken down was showing a RCCL ship as a regular visitor past the normal April cruise season (it was to early June) any guess if this will still occur. 

4 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

Just checking the 2022/23 port schedule for Melbourne and it is also showing Celebrity Eclipse as a regular turn around visitor.

Also on a side note, Sydney Ports before been taken down was showing a RCCL ship as a regular visitor past the normal April cruise season (it was to early June) any guess if this will still occur. 

Yes, that ship entered Australia on Oct 25, 2021, then called at Adelaide and Hobart before arriving in Sydney on Nov 2, 2021.  No call in Melbourne at the time, suggesting that it's a Quantum class ship.  There were various entries in Sydney with the last being on June 8, 2022. It then called at Brisbane on June 10, 2022 and Darwin on June 16, 2022.  I'll have to check if those calls are still in the port calendars.  

11 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Yes, that ship entered Australia on Oct 25, 2021, then called at Adelaide and Hobart before arriving in Sydney on Nov 2, 2021.  No call in Melbourne at the time, suggesting that it's a Quantum class ship.  There were various entries in Sydney with the last being on June 8, 2022. It then called at Brisbane on June 10, 2022 and Darwin on June 16, 2022.  I'll have to check if those calls are still in the port calendars.  

All these calls are still in the calendars, in the name "Ovation of the Seas".   

I don't think we can expect a third Quantum class ship in Sydney, so I guess this plan is obsolete.  Perhaps this came about when they decided to deploy Quantum of the Seas to Alaska. 

Can't check Sydney port calendar of course.  

• Like 2